Unnatural Selection

C

Captain Caveman

Ok, now call me crazy but could this be the future of some type of control deck? Here's why I ask. If I choose Legend
then select another creature and choose Legend again will this bury the last one I chose. Of course this wouldn't be
the only removal in a deck but it could be reuseable creature removal.

Unnatural Selection
1U
Enchantment
1: Choose a creature type other than Wall. Target creature's type becomes
that type until end of turn.

Caveman

M

maraud234

I's not sure if that would happen, but the card has some uses in a weenie deck.

S

superguy

In order for the legend trick to work, the two creatures that you'll have to choose will have to be the same creature. For example, you can use it on two Llanowar Elves, but not on a Llanowar Elf and an Elvish champion.

P.S.: good combination with Tsaob's Decree.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

But if you have two in play and an Opalescence, you can choose "Enchant" and then "World" as creature types, and destroy an enchantment for 2 (any enchantment, even a local one).

W

Will, the Serra Avatar

Enchantments animated by Opalescence don't have creature types. So an animated Enchant World wouldn't have type "Enchant" or "World" or both.

You could, however, just name Legend for two animated global enchantments with the same name(local enchantments usually cannot be animated). The one put into play recently would die.

C

Captain Caveman

Re: Superguy

I'm not sure I agree with you. I'm wrong a lot of the time
but I wonder if this can be approaches from a different
angle.

Allow be a explain my somewhat flawed logic.

I have a Thieving Magpie and Unnatural Selection in play.
You have a Shivan Wurm.(man, I hate your deck)
I play this part of U.S 1: Choose a creature type other than Wall
and choose legend as a creature type.
Then I target my Magpie. Which becomes a Legend.
Ok, now where into that sorry, your playing it wrong part.
But that's how I read it but I realize this could wrong.
However...
If I'm right then I could play the ability again. Then
target your Wurm and it would bury because of the legend
rule.

I might be grasping for straws here but its worth a shot.

Can we get a group ruling on my flawed logic?

Sorry man, your out of your mind. You better quite trying
to come up with stuff
or
Ya, that works.....

the somewhat confused Caveman......

S

superguy

The Legend rule is not that there can't be more than one legend in play at the same time, but that there can't be more than one of the SAME legend in play at the same time. I hope that answers your question (or I am also really onfused) :)

C

Captain Caveman

Nevermind.....

I'm wrong again.

I realized it about the time I got off the internet.

This has be a bad month. I've never lost more games or made
this many rules blunders in a single month. Hopfully, I'll
get back on the right track soon.

Thanx,
Caveman

R

rkoelsch

run this card in your merfolk deck with main deck Shoreline Raider's the only card with a protection from creature type. then change there creatures to kavu's

M

Mikeymike

I was rocking a fat combo with this card at the pre-release.

Unnatural Selection with 3...

Coastal Drake
Card Color: U
Mana Cost: 2U
Type & Class: Creature - Drake
Pow/Tou: 2/1
Card Text: Flying[1], TAP: Return target Kavu to its owner's hand.

I only got to use it in 1 game (before I got knocked out of that draft) but it totally shut the door. It was nasty in limited play.

Don't forget this works with Extinction too (a little cheaper than Tsabo's Decree).

Try this thing with Lord of Atlantis and non-merfolk creatures being they are both blue. Coat of Arms works too.

But if you really want to have fun with it try
Knights of the Mist
Cost=2U VI(C1)
2/2, Summon Knight, Flanking. ; When ~this~ comes into play, you may pay {U}. If you don't, destroy target Knight. It can't be regenerated. [Oracle 99/07/01] Be careful he doesn't kill himself though
--
If you do call Legends, basically it will ensure that no one plays multiples of an exact creature (Birds, elves, etc like superguy mentions). Kind of like a Permanent Winnow strictly for creatures.

N

NeuroDeus

but for 1U you can make his Shivan Wurm 1 a Legend and another 1U his Shivan Wurm 2 a Legend also... one Shivan Wurm dead... 2UU removal for blue is great... a good sideboard card methinks

E

Ephrils

I have an idea for this card :) FINALLY! :p Now I need to get some and try it out. If it works I'll post the deck later.