unnamed wrath variant

D

Doombringer

i have an idea for a twist on wrath of god:

Cardname ???
sorcery
destroy all permenants, for each permenant destroyed this way its controller may pay (1), if he or she does, regenerate that permenant.

I don't know what to call it, or what its mana cost would be, but i want it to be cheap enough that the person playing it could still regenerate a few things.

D

Doombringer

i think it should cost three because its a lot less potent, the enemy can still recover if he has any mana, but its cheap enough that you could power sink him then have a 3 mana obliterate, so maybe I should raise the cost and slim it down to artifacts and creatures:

bribable weapons of mass destruction 1RRR
destroy all artifacts and creatures, whenever an artifact or creature is destroyed this way its controller may pay 1, if he or she does, regenerate it.

D

DÛke

Not really.

Mana Short + the card in question = 3URRR. And that's using 2 cards. Sure you get a tad bit of flexiblity...a...tad...tad...tad...bit...

But why not rather use...Obliterate?

D

Doombringer

if an opponent has tapped him/herself out from his/her own devices and you have seven mana, thats your obliterate plus the saving of a select 3 of your own cards.