Unglued, What it could have been

G

Gryphonclaw

All right, everyone knows that unglued was bad. It had some nice cards, some nice mechanics, but overall it was bad.

But the idea was great. An entire set more or less devoted to us. Kooky humerous cards. Game antics, (the verbal ones anyway) that were excellent. Mechanics that almost should have been in the basic set. (Squirrel Farm)

So, if there were to be an Unglued 2, what would be good cards, concepts, mechanics?

T

theorgg

HEY! UNGLUED ROCKED!

what are you smoking? salmon?

I loved unglued! and I can't wait for poketthingsoranother to loose poplarity so they can start printing unglued II: unplugged.

D

Dune Echo

Hell, the card I always wanted made was this:

Wrath of Cod 2UU
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures with landhome or that cannot attack unless an opponent controls an specific land-type. Creatures destroyed in this way cannot regenerate.
"They were useless anyway." - Anonymous merfolk

Yeah, it's goofy and pretty much unplayable, but by Cod, the name makes me laugh!

D

Duel

Yes, we're coming out with a whole series of fish card, besides wrath of cod there is:

Gotta Lotta gill
2U
Enchant Fishy
Target fish gets +X/+X where X is the number of words your opponent said during his last turn.

Lotsa Fin!
2UU
Instant
Put X fish tokens into play, where X is the amount of creatures your opponent controls

Drawn to Scale
4U
Instant
Put a fish token into play with power and toughness equal to the power/toughness of target creature opponent controls

Seal of Circus (seal as in animal)
2U
1/1
0: balance Seal of Circus on your nose for three seconds to return a creature to it's owners hand. Use this ability only once during your turn.

Just for the Halibut
UU2
Enchantment
U: sing a verse of a song with the word "fish" in it. Put a 1/1 fish token into play. Each time you use this ability, you must use a different verse.

And, as my own addition:

Horn of "pun"ty
artifact
Gain 1 life for each different pun made during the course of the game.

Greater horn of "pun"ty
artifact
Gain three life for each pun made that your opponent laughs at.

A

arhar

I personally still put Unglued cards in EVERY deck I play :)))

Especially the BROKEN rares - Mine Mine Mine, Ashnods Coupon, Once More with the Feeling, Infernal Spawn of Evil.... hehhee *evil laugh* If you want to truly piss someone off, play Handcuffs!! The one thing I still want to live to see is BFM in play. Whooooo!!! More cards like that, WOTC!!!

D

Dune Echo

You know, Once More With Feeling reminds me of Sharahzad. Does anyone that actually plays with card follow the "errata" at the bottom?

D

Duel

you are aware, of course, that if you played unglued with me I would be forced to rip your liups off and make you eat them. They're fine to stare at, or collect, but not to play with.

U

Ura

I'll play against unglued decks! But only if I get to use my tempest efreet / Dance of Many deck. :D

A

arhar

Of course, I don't use that decks one-on-one - this would be truly evil. I only use them in multiplayer where there are no banned or restricted cards, besides CoPs. And yes, I do follow errata on OMWTF.

D

Dune Echo

I guess it's only fair. That's a helluva reset button card. (Oh, yeah, it doesn't affect token creatures! Make your deck around that idea!)

T

theorgg

liups?

Duel, I don't know about you, but most of the people are male.

why are you mentioning a part of the female anatomy?

D

Duel

1: I was unaware that liups were a body part at all
2: I meant lips