Unbelievable Mariners

• Mariners are doing great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate the Mariners.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • What does this have to do with magic?

• I hate those little circus clowns with bow-ties.

• Total voters

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My favorite Baseball team, the Seattle Mariners, have the best record in the entire league. How cool is that? And they swept the Yankees, too! AWESOME!!!!!!!! And, more importantly, the did it without Randy Johnson, Ken Griffey Jr., and Alex Rodriguez. Any thoughts?

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

They swept the Yankees! That's awesome! I hate the Yankees! I hope that they don't even get into the playoffs!

Deion Sanders is gonna be quitting football and playing baseball for the Reds (This has nothing to do with the Mariners, but I didn't want to start a separate thread for it). He's been doing so awesome. He batted .700 last week in the minors. I don't really care, though. Although he does play for my team, the Redskins, he really sucked this past year.

F

fuzzy510

Right now, sweeping the Yanks isn't very hard. They sorta suck. Right now. But maybe not later. If they can sweep a team like Toronto, Boston or Minnesota (I never thought the Twins would be in this sentence :D) then I'll start thinking that they're good.

C

Cateran Emperor

No idea what's going on with all of this. I can't stand to watch baseball, but I'll just go away this time rather than voicing all of my issues with it.

I really do hate those clowns too, so the answer is doubly correct!

[Wait, no I don't! Those guys are hilarious! I just haven't been to a circus in years. Blasted school... :(]

H

Hawaiian mage

I hate baseball, but the Mariners are my home team so I voted for 'em any way.

G

Gerode

Mariners are kicking butt and taking names! I thought A-Rod would leave a large problem in the lineup, but they are getting it done. A 180 degree swing from the homer-happy team of 1997! Everyone is contributing, and it's working with great success. They are more games above .500 now then they were at the end of last season! Pay-Rod will be pissed when he jumps teams instead of getting a World Series ring.

A

Apollo

Yep, the Mariners are doing great. And Ichiro has been even better than I thought he would be. And their pitching is doing great.

Unfortunately, I like the A's better.

But my favorite teams are the Indians and Blue Jays, and both are doing well, so I'm happy there. The Jays especially have been surprising. Here's hoping Tony Batista, my favorite player, gets back on track. Hit a homer tonight, so maybe that will help.

I'm leaving the topic now, aren't I? Well, tough luck.

Twins--Hm. These guys are the most surprising team in the league this year. When someone else figures them out, let me know. All I can say is that I'll be seriously surprised if they're within 10 games of the top by mid-June.

A's--What happened to them? Well, their pitching has faltered, and Grieve was more important to them than he seemed; now they're not afraid to pitch around Giambi every time. Oh, and Chavez is really hurting.

Yankees--I saw them faltering going into the season. They may have great pitching, but they're losing those 3-2 games. Their offense is too anemic to help those great pitchers.

Rangers--the opposite of the Yankees. They are scoring the most runs in baseball, but they are allowing even more. Maybe that money would have been better spent on Mike Mussina. 9-7 games are entertaining, but that doesn't mean much when you have the 7.

BoSox--sure, that group of nobody starters (except that Pedro guy) looks great right now. Especially Nomo, or Nono, whichever you prefer. But people forget that they're shutting down the Devil Rays, Baltimore, and the Yanks. When they face a real offense (say Toronto), we'll see how Nomo et al hold up. Should be interesting. As an aside, Manny's miserable, but he's hitting so nobody cares.

ChiSox--they looked great last year, didn't they? But that was a lot of guys with career years, and right now they're not living up to them. And with half of their pitching staff coming off surgery, they haven't been stopping the other team, either. And they're 0-6 against the Twins. Ouch.

That was just some random teams I felt like talking about, since someone else started a baseball thread.

G

Gerode

The A's and Rangers are doing poor mainly because many of their games have been against the red-hot Mariners. As soon as the get more interdivision games under their belt, their records will improve.

Twins are a fluke.

I like Toronto too, but they seem to be lacking in veteran pitchers. I'd like to see how their rotation holds up throughout the year.

The Yankees team is getting older, and its about time there was another champion.

N

NeuroDeus

Cannot you watch football (NOT THAT SICK AMERICAN FOOTBALL) just like normal European People ??

Zidane, Ronaldo, Alessandro Del Piero, Beckham and the likes... ?

G

Gerode

I guess watching a ball move back and forth across a field doesn't appeal to me as much as watching a ball move back and forth between a pitcher and catcher. :)

And we aren't normal European people. We aren't even normal people.

Z

Zhaneel

I agree with NeuroDeus, european football is better. Unfortunately, we don't have all that many teams and it's not televised as often.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

Yeah, soccer is my sport. My team lost its first game, but we only had nine players, and we only lost 2-1, so it wasn't that bad of a loss. But, we won our second game 4-0, so we're on track.

Also, I don't see what's so bad about American Football. I actually find watching American football more entertaining than watching European football, but everyone has his/her own opinion.

Sorry for going off topic, I just wanted to say that.

G

Gerode

Now lets see how the best team in American League history holds up in the playoffs...

T

Turtlewax Joe

Listen...I got on line so I could find cards for my Tainted Pact deck and this thread caught my eye.

I hate baseball just as mutch as the next soccer lover, but I can't help but be a fan of my home team when the are doing great.
I was raised in a suburb of Seattle and loved the kingdome and Griffy. One of my favorite memorines is of Ken Griffy Jr. and being woke up at 11 p.m. by the roar of the crowd from a game-winning homer he hit against baltimore in the bottom of the 12th inning when I was 7!

T.J.

A

Apollo

I am totally, completely biased. But I've got the Indians in 4 games.:)

T

terzarima

What's this... baseball thingy I've heard about?

I find baseball boring, but then again, I'm canadain. Bite me.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Not only do they have the best winning average in American League history, but they came one win short of breaking the best record in MLB history. And, even though they didn't break it, they tied it.

*Ransac smiles as he looks at his old Mariners bumper sticker on his car.*

I knew they'd make me proud, eventually.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Mikeymike

You would think at 116-46 the best records in 80+ years would pretty much guarantee a world series title. Well the M's are going to have to prove how good they are. Eventually they will play the A's who have a great offense and the best starting 3 I've seen in a very long time.