Un-set syle cards

K

KingAlanI

Okay, anyone have some good ideas for Unhinged or Unglued-style cards?
:)

I'll make a stab at my own question

"Library of Altoona"
Card Type: Not-So-Legendary Land
P/T: N/A (actually have the card say this)
Rules Text:

Tap to add two chartreuse mana to your mana pool or tap to draw on Yu-Gi-Oh card; use the card-drawing ability only if you have exactly seven years in your lifetime.

L

Limited

Yu-Gi-Oh! :eek:

Okay, how about:

Bak, Pig Servant 1GW
Creature - Pig
Walk.
Non-flying creatures without the ability to walk can't attack. (The ability to walk includes Islandwalk, Forestwalk, Denimwalk, etc)
GW, T: Remove a creature you control from the game. As long as that card is removed from the game, <this> gets +X/+0 where X is that cards power.
3/3

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You know, Hurloon Wrangler aside, this card could work as a normal card too. Just replace "Walk" with something like "Sorrow's Pathwalk" and change the second part to "Non-flying creatures without landwalk abilities can't attack." It would be pretty good...

Tag Guard

L

Limited

Thanks.. I just liked the "ability to walk" phrase..

Did you catch the (horrible) joke in the name?

K

KingAlanI

I'd hope anyone gets the horrible joke in MY card's name. :D
I like the comment in mine anout Yugioh being played by 7-year-olds.

2 chartreuse mana-any color of mana can be used for Colorless, right? So this card has an actual MTG gameplay use. :)

The Pig Servant is interesting, but not in the kind of silly Un-Set only stuff kind of way.

L

Limited

The idea is that other creature 'piggy back' so that they can attack..

:p

And Altoona? I'm afraid I need an explanation..

K

KingAlanI

"Altoona" is the name of some small US towns, do a English-language Wikipedia search for a list. Perhaps Library of Podunk would be a bit more understandable?
It represnets the library of some small town as opposed to library of Alexandria.
:)

L

Limited

Thanks for the explanation.

I wouldn't have gotten "Library of Podunk" either.. seems I'm missing part of the American lingo.