Umezawa's Jitte

Discussion in 'Single Card Strategies' started by Crackdown, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Crackdown New Member

If I understand this card correctly, it can pump a pre-combat damage strike and if you have Leonin Shikari out, it can then be moved to pump normal combat damage in the same attack phase. While a double strike creature would be optimal, so would a first strike (e.g., silver knight) or a pre-first strike (Laccolith or Rig enchanted creature).

I really want to find a use for Laccoliths in casual play.
  2. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Unfortunately it does not work with the Laccoliths because they do not deal "Combat" damage, they deal direct damage to a target creature.

But it definitely works with double/first-strike and Shikari. I'll soon be plopping this guy into my WW-Equip deck and be exceptionally annoying. What a cool little card, its got reusable creature control and alpha-strike capabilities all rolled into one.

Umezawa's Jitte
  3. jorael Craptacular!

The card is scary. Kenzo the hartheartened with a Jitte is more scarier. The downside to that is that during a multiplayer game, sometimes all opponents will prevent you from doing combat damage with an equipped creature.

Inspired me to use the coretappers :)
  4. Crackdown New Member

In the Wizards article, the decklist contains Hokori, Dust Drinker (a Winter Orb type creature abililty) and Chrome Mox.

I assume that the Chrome Mox is simply mana acceleration, correct? To what end is the Horoki? Prison?
  5. Rooser Thread Necromancer

Well, actually, The Chrome Mox isn't just mana accelleration it's also non-land mana that doens't get tapped down by Horoki. Winter Orb effects are awesome against control, and if comboed with Prison, hten yes, also awesome agsainst beatdown. Unfortunately, A good Tooth deck will still do whatever it wants to you, but for casual/multiplayer play it can be some good.