Umezawa's Jitte

C

Crackdown

If I understand this card correctly, it can pump a pre-combat damage strike and if you have Leonin Shikari out, it can then be moved to pump normal combat damage in the same attack phase. While a double strike creature would be optimal, so would a first strike (e.g., silver knight) or a pre-first strike (Laccolith or Rig enchanted creature).

I really want to find a use for Laccoliths in casual play.

M

Mikeymike

Unfortunately it does not work with the Laccoliths because they do not deal "Combat" damage, they deal direct damage to a target creature.

But it definitely works with double/first-strike and Shikari. I'll soon be plopping this guy into my WW-Equip deck and be exceptionally annoying. What a cool little card, its got reusable creature control and alpha-strike capabilities all rolled into one.

Umezawa's Jitte

J

jorael

The card is scary. Kenzo the hartheartened with a Jitte is more scarier. The downside to that is that during a multiplayer game, sometimes all opponents will prevent you from doing combat damage with an equipped creature.

Inspired me to use the coretappers :)

C

Crackdown

In the Wizards article, the decklist contains Hokori, Dust Drinker (a Winter Orb type creature abililty) and Chrome Mox.

I assume that the Chrome Mox is simply mana acceleration, correct? To what end is the Horoki? Prison?

R

Rooser

Well, actually, The Chrome Mox isn't just mana accelleration it's also non-land mana that doens't get tapped down by Horoki. Winter Orb effects are awesome against control, and if comboed with Prison, hten yes, also awesome agsainst beatdown. Unfortunately, A good Tooth deck will still do whatever it wants to you, but for casual/multiplayer play it can be some good.