4 Mox Diamond
4 Wrath of God
4 Kismet
4 Concentrate
4 Counterspell
4 Force of Will
4 Tundra
basic lands

First you get out the standard Stasis/Kismet lock. Then you get out an Umbilicus and return an Island each turn so you can keep Stasis going indefinitely. You start to kill once you get out extra Umbilici and a Diamond or a Claws of Gix for each extra one. You keep returning an Island and the Claws each turn and your opponent will eventually run out of permanents to return for Umbilicus and will start to take damage instead. Then you win when their life total is at 0.

(- Steve -)

K

Killerbob

You need another win condition. With umbilicus in play, your opponent can still choose to bounce a permanent, even if he hasnt got any. So he will not take any damage. This is very strange, but it is like that.

J

Jigglypuff

Damn, he's right. Guess I cheated every time I played this deck. Looks like I'm going back to Black Vise for the kill.

(- Steve -)

M

Mikeymike

So mean...so wrong.

Has anyone in your group beaten you up or committed suicide after you played this deck against them? :D

For an alternate win you try Mystic Penitent/Steadfast guard. They're not impressive, but they don't tap to attack so in theory they can keep applying the beats. I do think Black Vise is better, but if you played restricted rules 1 won't cut it vs. multiple people.

Iron Maiden?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Use Zephyr/Bay Falcon, they're better compatible with U. And evasion!
There are probably some other blue don't tap to attack creatures too.

Ferret

Staff member
If you're playing white, why not throw in a Serra Angel or four? They would be much more insane than Falcons...

-Ferret

"...although, I had a friend that used that Falconer Legend from Homelands to his advantage in a similar deck..."

T

train

I think Spidey got it right...

Instead of Force of will - the counter that returns islands to your hand may be helpful with Stasis...

B

BigBlue

Other cards I like in my stasis deck:

Rescue: 1 U, pick up the stasis at the end of their turn and recast it.
Gush: get's you back islands and card draw (for Force/Thwart/Foil)
Ensnare: get's you back an island and taps pesky nontappers.
Thwart: the counter train mentioned + 3 islands to play.
Black Vise: for obvious reasons or the one which get's all opponents in MP.
Howling Mine: speeds up the process when you have the lock.

Is Mox Diamond off the restricted list?

I have a creature in mine, the Chronotog to skip turns... I use it with Glacial Crevasse to take no damage either and avoid it's life paying upkeep.

Enlightened Tutor will get you any ench. or artifact for W.

By the way, I never play my stasis deck. It doesn't get me beat up, but it does get me plenty of threats and glares... :D It is only pulled out when I'm really pissed after a rotten night of magic.

Ferret

Staff member
By the way, I never play my stasis deck. It doesn't get me beat up, but it does get me plenty of threats and glares... It is only pulled out when I'm really pissed after a rotten night of magic.
That should be the only time to play a shutdown deck. There's nothing like sitting at a table w/ four other people just waiting for the game to finish...

-Ferret

"...and playing creatures just seems so 'un-Casual'..."

N

Nightstalkers

Umbilicus
Type: Artifact
Non-Foil Rare
Artist: Dermot Power
Edition: US

During each player's upkeep, that player pays 2 life or returns a permanent he or she controls to owner's hand.

It was the explorers' only tether to reality.

Isn't this a no win situation with your little stasis out? you get a player that becomes smart enough to build his mana base a little like you do.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Only if they keep playing against it. They might build a deck specifically against this one but will fail against others.

T

train

Isn't this a no win situation with your little stasis out? you get a player that becomes smart enough to build his mana base a little like you do.
It's not a no win situation... Kismets are in the deck to control abusing this in an opponent's favor....
;)

N

Nightstalkers

Code:
18.00 — Lifeline
4.00 — Crawlspace
5.00 — Contamination
.25 — Wall of Shadows

four in a deck....

That amounts to 109.00

T

train

where would you be buying a lifeline for 18.00...

heck for that price I'd sell you mine for 15.00 a piece - and I'd pay shipping...:eek: ;)

N

Nightstalkers

I could always get them for free from another Nightstalker... If any have a couple.