Ultimate Deck (Better than Rhinoseeker)

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

This deck idea came to me as if in a vision. As if god himself granted me divinity for a moment. I like to call it Fluc. Ru..

4x Rune of Protection: White
4x Rune of Protection: Blue
4x Rune of Protection: Black
4x Rune of Protection: Red
4x Rune of Protection: Green
4x Rune of Protection: Artifact
1x Rune of Protection: Lands
1x Tidal Warrior
1x Harmonic Convergence
1x Replenish
4x Fluctuator
4x Drifting Meadow
4x Remote Isle
4x Polluted Mire
4x Smoldering Crater
4x Slippery Karst
4x Blasted Landscape

See, it runs like fluctuator. Play the Warrior as early as possible. Then Replenish after the combo. See as soon as they play any spell, including Storm seeker, or Crash of Rhinos, you get four 4/4 creatures that can attack by tapping the tidal warrior. All the runes protect you from everything they throw at you. It is invincible! And even if they manage to mess things up for you, you can just Harmonic Convergence and draw and hard cast it all. It is fool proof

M

Mikeymike

Come on, you know you can't take on Rhinoseeker. It doesn't take prisoners.

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

I know a whole bunch of new players that love fluctuator. I am seriously going to try to convience them that this I an awesome variant.

M

Mikeymike

Run 1 single copy of Dwarven Pony, just for fun. They'll be dumbfounded.

N

Notepad

I laughed when I read the title. I mean, come on, nothing can beat Rhinoseeker! Not even a custom Type I opening hand can beat a land screwed Rhinoseeker.

But then I decided to playtest this out on MIE, and I got thrashed!!! What the hell?!? Let me tell you, my team is working hard on improving Rhinoseeker to beat this deck, too. It turns out when you sideboard with Rhinoseeker, it wins easy. The problem is Game 1, before the sideboard.

Hard, hard, hard.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hmm, I've tried to test it a little. My Rhinoseeker decklist is a sub-optimal build right now. What do you use? Anyway, it also seems that Fluc-Ru can go off safely even after siding in another copy of Harmonic Convergence, in fact, I'm including 2 in the sideboard, which seems good. Only one Harmonic Convergence is necessary against most decks, but against Rhinoseeker, the sideboard copies would probably come in. This deck doesn't need a sideboard, usually. I'm working on one now though...

R

Reverend Love

Dude no way this is better then Rhinoseeker!

I entered a Type 1 cash prize tourney. Used SeFRo's decklist of Rhinoseeker and took the whole kitten Cabootle! Last game I mulliganed down to one card and still beat the dude 1st turn!

T

train

Reverend...

Your last statement is true... but the man had a heart attack... so I wouldn't say you "beat" him - more like scared him to death...:p

N

Notepad

Hey, train, don't be giving away the secret tech of Rhinoseeker. Its not the Atkin's diet that's killing everyone in America. ;)