...uh

A

Aku Necromancer

I'm done with school, unemployed, so that means an infinite amount of free time till my next semester, so why not play some magic. I quit again after Odyssey I think, so Im not exactly sure whats hot and whats not. Pox has been my staple deck for a while now, friend and I worked on it for a bit in hopes of updating it, and here is the result (supposed to be type 1 (I think)).

3 Nether Spirit

4 Pox
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Yawgmoth's Will
4 Hymn to Tourach
2 Megrim
4 Dark Ritual
4 Diabolic edict
4 Funeral Charm
1 Kaervek's Spite

1 Mox Diamond
1 Chrome Mox
2 Charcoal Diamond
4 Cursed Scroll
3 The Rack

14 Swamp
4 Wasteland
2 QuickSand

Im reaching out for help, starting now....

N

Notepad

You need more Dark Rituals. And a Coat of Arms or two for flavor.

And what is your sideboard for the Rhinoseeker metagame???

A

Aku Necromancer

Originally posted by train
If it is a type 1 deck - you need a yawgmoth's bargain!...
Would that be wise? Considering I would be losing a lot of life courtesy of pox...

13NoVa

hmm based on recent events (chalise of the void) i'd recomend this build, because with a couple of speedy mana prodcuers a chalise with oink you rotten.

-2 megrim. Honestly, this card is not that great. Pox does JUST FINE without it.

+2 tainted pact. sure you lose stuff, but hey, you can search through your library pretty deep.

-4 diabolic edict (spirits should be able to permanently block any issues until the poxkill comes)

+4 durress WHY NOT?

-2 charcoal diamond. after a pox, you'll still be set to run, even without the extra mana from the artifact. you gotta think, your deck is set to work around the negatives of pox, theres isn't.

-2 quicksand this card is pointless

+1 strip mine (definite)

+3 oblivion stone Better then nevy's because if you don't need to use it, you can save your own **** by stacking turns.

just an oppinion on a personal build i'd use. my oppinion is of course bias on the fact that i HATE some of the cards.

N

Notepad

This is indeed the true SeFRo. And I think this deck will lose horribly to Rhinoseeker. To help, I suggest using the following cards:

ADD
4x Blood Pet
4x Bog Imp
4x Dark Ritual
4x Coat of Arms
4x Visara the Dreadful
4x Sinkhole
4x Hymn to Tourach
4x Raise Dead
4x Leaden Myr
1x Black Vise
1x Lion's Eye Diamond
20x Swamp
4x Urborg

REMOVE
4 Pox
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Yawgmoth's Will
4 Hymn to Tourach
2 Megrim
4 Dark Ritual
4 Diabolic edict
4 Funeral Charm
1 Kaervek's Spite
1 Mox Diamond
1 Chrome Mox
2 Charcoal Diamond
4 Cursed Scroll
3 The Rack
14 Swamp
4 Wasteland
2 QuickSand

T

train

I'd still run either Necro or bargain...

you can always run a drain life or 4...

A

Aku Necromancer

Originally posted by 13NoVa
hmm based on recent events (chalise of the void) i'd recomend this build, because with a couple of speedy mana prodcuers a chalise with f*ck you rotten.

-2 megrim. Honestly, this card is not that great. Pox does JUST FINE without it.

+2 tainted pact. sure you lose stuff, but hey, you can search through your library pretty deep.

-4 diabolic edict (spirits should be able to permanently block any issues until the poxkill comes)

+4 durress WHY NOT?

-2 charcoal diamond. after a pox, you'll still be set to run, even without the extra mana from the artifact. you gotta think, your deck is set to work around the negatives of pox, theres isn't.

-2 quicksand this card is pointless

+1 strip mine (definite)

+3 oblivion stone Better then nevy's because if you don't need to use it, you can save your own **** by stacking turns.

just an oppinion on a personal build i'd use. my oppinion is of course bias on the fact that i HATE some of the cards.

Alright, I actually like most of these suggestions, thanks.

Megrim - After thinking about it, yeh, basically useless in this deck

Tainted Pact - I would prefer card drawing where I am allowed to search my deck for one particular card, however I might settle for this...

Diabolic edict - heh

Duress - These are going in now, at the time i do recall having to choose between these and Funeral Charms, now I gots the room

Charcoal Diamond - Ive got a problem with losing these, I often find myself in mana shortages, more so after pox or losing a wasteland...

Quicksand - Dont ask, they're gone now

Strip Mine - He's in

Oblivion Stone - Gimme a sec with this, new card and Im gonna have to play test with him a bit, however using its abilities seem a bit expensive for me, and my games with this deck are usually short...

also, you think Nether Spirit is the best creature for this deck still?

Originally posted by SeFRo
This is indeed the true SeFRo. And I think this deck will lose horribly to Rhinoseeker. To help, I suggest using the following cards:

ADD
4x Blood Pet
4x Bog Imp
4x Dark Ritual
4x Coat of Arms
4x Visara the Dreadful
4x Sinkhole
4x Hymn to Tourach
4x Raise Dead
4x Leaden Myr
1x Black Vise
1x Lion's Eye Diamond
20x Swamp
4x Urborg

REMOVE
4 Pox
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Yawgmoth's Will
4 Hymn to Tourach
2 Megrim
4 Dark Ritual
4 Diabolic edict
4 Funeral Charm
1 Kaervek's Spite
1 Mox Diamond
1 Chrome Mox
2 Charcoal Diamond
4 Cursed Scroll
3 The Rack
14 Swamp
4 Wasteland
2 QuickSand
Rhinoseeker can kiss my ***

I'd still run either Necro or bargain...
alright, Ill try a few games with it...and if it turns out to be a bad idea, Ill kill a kitten on the hour every hour and blame it on you...HA!

T

train

It just hit me what you needed if you were going to run Necro or Bargain - Zuran Orbs...

nothing like losing a land to draw two cards...:cool:

you could even... nevermind... then it wouldn't be mono-black...:rolleyes:

A

Aku Necromancer

It just hit me what you needed if you were going to run Necro or Bargain - Zuran Orbs...

nothing like losing a land to draw two cards...:cool:

you could even... nevermind... then it wouldn't be mono-black...:rolleyes:
Again, the kittens...

T

train

My wife would donate all the kittens necessary...

And then when PETA kills me - she'd cash in that PHAT insurance policy!...

"I need you to trust me..." - Kermit's last words before being crushed by a well-known pig that shall remain anon...

A

Aku Necromancer

My wife would donate all the kittens necessary...

And then when PETA kills me - she'd cash in that PHAT insurance policy!...

"I need you to trust me..." - Kermit's last words before being crushed by a well-known pig that shall remain anon...
Can your wife also help me come up with better thread titles?

T

train

She might...

My thought on this one might be something like the following:

Bubonic Resurgence...
Once you go black...
or
Alabama Renaissance...

I have to go - she was standing behind me with a big knife, and clutching the insurance policy in her other hand!!!...:eek: :p

T

Tabasco

Going with some of Soly's Comments:

Duress - Yes, Indefinitey

Instead of the Charcoal Diamonds (I have played against this deck many a time and it really frequently shorts on mana) use one of the Talismans....Doesn't CIP tapped and produces colorless for free (no life payment).

I think what the deck really needs is a sideboard

maybe some Engineered Plagues??