U/W Slivers

H

herominus

When I first started playing Magic, I had a 100+ card sliver deck which rarely won games. When I realized that a 60 card deck would function better, I decided to dismantle the deck and start anew.

Fast forward to Legions. New slivers had just came out, and I still had all my old sliver cards. So I decided to remake my slivers for this new age. Since then, in my circle of casual playing, my U/W Slivers have probably been my best and most consistent deck.

4 Plated Sliver
4 Winged Sliver
4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Shifting Sliver
3 Essence Sliver
3 Ward Sliver

4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Counterspell
3 Disenchant
2 Armageddon
1 Purify

12 Plains
11 Island
1 Treva's Ruins

Once I can drop a Shifting Sliver, it's pretty much game for me unless they deal with it, but by then I have a Crystalline Sliver out. I also have a B/R Sliver deck I'm still working on. Tell me what you think of this one.

D

DeathMaster666

I'd smooth out the mana base. Either use Fetchlands or Painlands. The creature selection looks good though. Might want to try Synapse Sliver too though.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, at least this build has 4 Crystallines...

But I would consider adding green. Three colour decks aren't my favorite for consistency, but for Slivers, it seems like the right choice...

T

train

If you have a soldevi excavations, I'd run it... It always helps as a sifter...

I don't see that you have much against mass removal, except for counterspell... Have you though about Second Sunrise?...

Adarkar Wastes and Coastal Towers would also give you U/W capability...

If you need some, LMK, and check my trading thread...;)

Killer Joe

Adarkar Wastes
Coastal Tower
Would very much be to your advantage.

ps - I hope you're okay and that "Charley" didn't get you :(

T

train

If you wanted to have some fun - coat of arms would be cool...

ditto on Charley...

Unfortunately my father lives in Port Charlotte and we haven't heard from them yet...:(

S

slivercontroller

ive got a five color sliver deck. using 4 of every sliver from legions and to be honest the best effects from slivers are in black, red white, throw these together and you get a nice deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The best sliver decks I've seen have been Countersliver builds that are white, blue, and green. Crystalline is easily the best sliver and Muscle Sliver is easily the next best. What are you going to do with black, red, and white that tops it? The only deck that I suppose could match Countersliver might be some sort of creation that produces multiple colors quickly and gets some fast Queeny beats in...

T

train

I think it has to do with hasting/protection the critters for fast beats...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Actually, I didn't see that in the post it said "4 of every sliver from Legions" and I don't know much about those guys, except that they're usually pretty bad compared to the old Rath Cycle ones...

T

train

they're not bad... just a little more expensive - but most are worth the cost...

R

Rooser

Anything Hunter Sliver can do, Muscle Sliver can do better.

Anything Ward Sliver can do, Crystalline Sliver can do better.

Anything Synapse Sliver can do, Winged Sliver can do better.

Okay, Shifting Sliver is worth the cost and Brood Sliver is worth the cost and all three of the white ones are worth the cost in some situations. The red rare one would be worth the cost if it wasn't off color and if it wasn't just a "win more" card.

For fast beats though, the rath slivers win the prize. I'd go green/white/blue, using green for birds and muscle slivers and maybe brood slivers if you got 'em. Also, Tradewind Riders are some good Rooser tech for sliver decks.

M

Mikeymike

The Shifting Slivers, Winged Slivers and (somewhat with) the Wards seem a little redundant. They each do something different, but they will often end up repeating each others abilities.

How about trying to find some room for Mnemonic Sliver? Not great with Armageddon, but they help to ensure you are replacing your threats in case someone WoG's.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Rooser
Anything Hunter Sliver can do, Muscle Sliver can do better.

Anything Ward Sliver can do, Crystalline Sliver can do better.

Anything Synapse Sliver can do, Winged Sliver can do better.

Okay, Shifting Sliver is worth the cost and Brood Sliver is worth the cost and all three of the white ones are worth the cost in some situations. The red rare one would be worth the cost if it wasn't off color and if it wasn't just a "win more" card.

For fast beats though, the rath slivers win the prize. I'd go green/white/blue, using green for birds and muscle slivers and maybe brood slivers if you got 'em. Also, Tradewind Riders are some good Rooser tech for sliver decks.
Preach, brutha! ;)