U/W Control in Legacy

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

I have been dabbling a bit in legacy games, although I doubt I'll ever play in a tournament.

I was working on affinity since shards added a bunch of things I found useful, but when in the tribal game I found etherium sculptor and thought it was awesome.

Ethersworn Canonist is also proving to be solid control, and I actually made a semi decent Raffinity build including white for him and swords.

Regardless, the Sculptor build I came up revolved around the idea of stripping your deck by loading it with Chromatic Sphere, Chromatic Star, and Conjueror's Bauble.

The other strong control element is the fact Sensei's Diving Top is card draw for 1, and combos with Counterbalance. Two tops and a sculptor makes an infinite cast loop.

The most obvious way to take advantage of this all is storm. I've mostly been working with Brain Freeze for color typing.

What do you all think should go in the deck? Here's what I have so far:

3-4x Etherium Sculptor
4x Ethersworn Canonist

4x Chromatic Star
4x Chromatic Sphere
4x Conjueror's Bauble
4x Sensei's Diving Top

2-3x Counterbalance

1-2x Academy Ruins
4x Tundra

I'm also thinking Engineered explosives, counters, swords/path, ghostly prison/propaganda, disenchant or whatever else good control elements. I don't have the decklist i was using at home, but it tested well against landstill and dreadstill. It could beat some aggro, but I haven't had extensive testing.

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

I've considered those, scepter just doesn't have the support. If I was running Counterspell, boomerang, and orim's chant, it'd be viable, but I don't think I have the card slots to run all of those. Trinket would cost mana, I'd rather just use thoughtcast or brainstorm as I'll have a better chance to draw into two artifacts than spend 3 times the money and only get one. Also, if I had canonist out, she'd stop my brain freeze.

Yeah, I forgot to mention FoW, but yeah it should totally be in there.