U.S.S.R.

M

Master Shake

I decided to take another look at sligh, and try a new build, this is what it looks like:

Type One:

-----------------------
------------------------------------------------\
U.S.S.R. (Untitled Secret Sligh Rebuild)

Land Base:

15x Snow-Covered Mountian
1x Strip Mine
4x Wasteland
1x Lotus Petal

Communism:

4x Sphere of Resistance
4x Pyrostatic Pillar
4x Ankh of Mishra

The KGB:

2x Gorillia Shaman
4x Jackal Pup
4x Goblin Cadets

A Sea of Red:

4x Lightning Bolt
4x Chain Lightning
4x Fireblast (Edit: By popular request -2 Incinirate, +2 Fireblast)
1x Wheel of Fortune

The Manifesto:

4x Cursed Scroll

áóôåò: (Sideboard)

8x Blue Hating Blasts
3x Glacial Crevass
4x Price of Progress
------------------------------------------------/
----------------------

-The Communism here is designed to effect everyone, just not as equally as one would hope, you are packing uncounterable land destrouction, which is going to allow you to move around the Pillar and Sphere, to hurt them more with all three. Here is a run down of why each is in here:

Pyrostatic Pillar:

If Type One is about anything, it is efficancy. I am guessing that roughly 90% of all cards played in type one have a casting cost of 3 or less, it seems that other then Challice, Pillar can punish your openet more then just about any other card. At only a casting cost of 2, it seems very good.

Ankh of Mishra:

If we are going to punish the oppenet for using efficent spells, then it seems that we should also punish them for using effiecent lands, and an abudance there of. Asking your openet if they really want to take five or even nine damage to use a fetch land also seems like a pretty good idea.

Sphere of Resistance

Seeing how we are going to have fun with lands and efficent spells, lets make the spells a tad less efficent, and need to play more lands. While your own Wastelands and Strip Mine go unchecked. Not to mention that Sphere really helps when Sligh starts to run out of steam, allowing yo to capitalize on your Cursed Scroll and cheaper burn.

-The KGB on the other hand is going to put pressure on your oppenet to take action before they drag him into the back of their car, never to be seen again. The cards in this section should need no explination.

-The Sea of Red is going to chip away at an oppenets life total, and even late game, for a price can really cause them to scramble. These cards too should require no explination.

-The Manifesto is what you should live by. It will be there in good times and bad, always having the right answer.

Cursed Scroll:

If ever there was a better burn card printed... The Scroll will provide your oppenent with a long lasting burning flavor, while they are struggling to come up with viable answers.

How it is played:

1. Get your guys out fast, and burn away threats, or at your oppenets life total.

2. Play the punishment tools

3. Chip away at lands and life.

The deck has not been tested yet, but I think it looks rather promising. I will update when I have information

M

Master Shake

Check the edit.

Although I did not initally agree, some time to think about it leads me to believe it is the best idea.

K

Killerbob

Too much capitalism in your deck :)

Pyrostatic Pillar: This one punishes the one with the cheap spells.

Wheel of Fortune: This surely cant be allowed! The most ugly side of capitalism!