U/R Pinger Deck

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by DeathMaster666, Jul 14, 2004.

1. DeathMaster666 In Defiance of Existance

I threw this together in 20 minutes for the hell of it.

4x Counterspell
    4x Mana Leak
    4x Lightning Bolt
    3x Incinerate
    4x Spikeshot Goblin (to be replaced with Goblin Sharpshooter once I get some)
    4x Vulshok Sorceror
    4x Prodigal Sorceror
    4x Thought Courier (to be replaced with Rootwater Hunter/Zuran Enchanter)
    4x Serum Visions
    2x Chartooth Cougar
    3x Shoreline Ranger
    4x Shivan Reef
    10x Island
    6x Mountain
  2. train The Wildcard!!!...

why not lose the chartooths for sharpshooters?...
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

'Cause once he gets some Sharpshooters, he's gonna use them to replace the Spikeshot Goblins, as he noted above... :)
  4. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Curiosity could be fun!
  5. DeathMaster666 In Defiance of Existance

Cougars are more for manafixing, but when the game is stalled a 4/4 firebreather really livens the pace a bit.
  6. Killer Joe Active Member

Starstorm or Earthquake could make for a great board sweeper.
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Board sweeping kills the pingers though...
  8. chris92 king

you could put intruder alarm in the sideboard. it would be great against dragon;)
  9. Tabasco DDR Fanatic

Pemmin's Aura might be fun.....
  10. Oversoul The Tentacled One

With Curiosity...
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'm not familiar with a lot of their casting costs, but I assume that they're around 3, based on the original pinger, Prodigal Sorceror. SO I think what KJ was saying was while you're waiting for your third mana, you can use Earthquake to get rid of your opponents 1 and 2 drops. Or when you get into trouble when you lose your pingers.

Although looking at the decklist, that's probably what the Mana Leaks and burn is for. So maybe sideboard choices...
  12. Killer Joe Active Member

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was tryin' to say.

Also, what about that wall from Mercadian Masques thats an 0/4 that has pinging for 1 blue and tap? Stinging Barrier??? Maybe?

And what about Arcane Teachings? If you can add some walls to the deck like the red 0/5 Wall of Diffusion (It can block Shadow creatures, too) would be a good candidate for the Teachings.

There's also that gold (UR) common from Invasion. It's a creature enchant card that gives the pinging ability (to player's only) to the creature and you draw a card. That might be something to consider.
  13. Homestar Who invited this guy?

that card is called Quicksilver Dagger KJ. and im definatly with spidey on the pemmins aura, i mean even tho the untap is for 1 blue and its a 2 color deck, you, most of the time, will still get 1, 2 or maybe 3 untaps......
  14. Oversoul The Tentacled One

CURIOSITY!

Really, I don't see why not...

Especially if you add Pemmin's Aura for the "machine gun" effect...
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I didn't mention Pemmin's Aura, Tabasco did.
  16. Homestar Who invited this guy?

:D :D ooops, sry Spidey:D :D
  17. train The Wildcard!!!...

Though it's blue - Quicksilver is one of the strongest I can think of...