U/G/W Gold Dryad

M

Major Crime

This is version 3.2 (T2 fun) of this deck, V1 was W/G T1, V2 was G/W/R T1.5 to T2. I like gold decks and I realy like the Armadillo Cloak, so hence this deck staying with G/W. I've tried to go anti-Fires and anti-creature kill / control.

My play group for some reason are a bit pissed with this deck not running any basic land, espically the people who are playing fish and elf decks.

20 LAND
4 Brushland
4 City of Brass
3 Coastal Tower
3 Elfhame Palace
4 Treva's Ruins
2 Yavimaya Coast

23 Spells
2 Distorting Lens ( I started with one as a slot filler, works well with Pro creatures so went to 2)
4 Counterspell
2 Lashknife Barrier (stops weenie decks, makes red mages think)
4 Armadillo Cloak (as the flavour test says!)
1 Aura Mutation
2 Cloud Cover
4 Dueling Grounds (may loss one of these. These really work well with the Arm' cloaks, as long as a little of your trample gets over, it's very hard to loss to creatures.)
2 Heroes's Reunion (fuels all the pain lands)
2 Teferi's Moat (Great if out with a Dueling Ground, as oppo does not know what to disenchant)

17 Creatures
4 Quirion Dryad (This is the target for the cloaks)
2 Voice of All
2 Ancient Spider (here birdy birdy!)
4 Galina's Knight / Llanowar Knight (changes depending on deck playing against)
3 Meddling Mage
2 Noble Panther (second target for the cloak)

So out of the 40 spells only six do not add to the Dryad's p/t. Remember that even a Countered spell still counts, I was a bit slow on learning that point, as it is when you play a spell, not it resolving!
May swap a Dueling Ground for a Power Matrix.
Seems to be the test deck for tourny decks, if I bet them the decks scrapped, if it takes them more than 10 turns to kill me they deck is altered.
Could loss the Cloud Covers for Charging Trolls if you want more creatures

I

Istanbul

Armadillo Cloaks and Heroes' Reunions are cute, but..with 10 of your 20 lands wanting to hurt you, how do you stay alive? I'd lose the Cities of Brass for 2x Yavimaya Coast, 1x Plains, and 1x Forest.

I'd lose a Knight for another Panther (I can't believe I just said that).

M

Major Crime

I stay alive by carefully choosing which order to lay the lands, using the pain lands mainly for colourless and only for coloured mana if I realy need to. I try not to pain myself if I'm below 10 life. Also I try not to pain for more than the amount I can gain from the cloak in the same turn, but remember if the cloak is on the Dryad, for each card played before an attack, it's another point of life gain.

My best was a 7/7 Panther with 3 Cloaks, which was a gain of 21 life. I try to hold a counterspell, when the dryad is out with a cloak or two on it.

Thans my main way of getting life, multi-cloaks.

D

Dead

This reminds me a bit of Mike Mason's leeloo deck, cept he went for questing phelddagrif rather than panthers as they're more resilient, what with evasion, pump or just protection from most removal you'll face (but slower off the mark). Your use of duelling grounds would mean that their hippos would be useless to them.