Type Two: Most Influential Card

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
T

The Magic Jackal

I think blastoderm is going to be the most influencial and powerful card. Look at MM block. Just about every deck (that had any chance of winning) either had rebel or blastoderm. I think the trend will continue. Green is the base of multicolor decks, so why not throw in some blasoderms into the mix as well? I do expect to see blastoderm as the best creature in the format, as of right now.

D

DÛke

...in my little opinion, that Unmask is the most influential card that has ever been printed, for me anyway.

I drew the art of Unmask 4 times, each with a different style, clothing, weapons, and all that. They were all based on the original art work of rk Post though. It made me play Black Control.
I usually played White and/or Blue, but since Unmask, Black has been, and forever will be my favorite color to play at all times in all formats. Unmask also inspiried me to draw ever more women, and it showed me that I had the ability to draw.

Unmask also is a great card to play. After the Saga block rotates out, so far, Unmask is the only card that I see that could replace Duress. Some might argue that Addle is as good as Duress, and it is, but it's not as good as Unmask. Unmasks power comes from it's speed and flexibility. Addle simply doesn't take Artifacts or Lands, which is bad side. Duress is the best, followed by Unmask.
Unmask will rule Black control decks of all kind, and should there be any attempts to put Suicide Black back into T2, Unmask will be the first card people will look at, due to its strong disruption ability combined with the speed. The ACC is a very minimal to a Black players, since, to my knowledge, most Black players are suicidal in nature. They love taking risks and chances, and most of the time, they will get what they want, even if they had to pay X life for it, IF you know what I mean:).

Unmask is very inspiring, both as Artwork, as a game card, as a Black card, and just simply as a card!
Very inspiring.

I thank Mr. rk Post for his artwork, I hope someday my artistic skill would be as good as his. Most of his artwork is based around females, and that's what my artwork is mostly based around, so we have that in common.

Thank you for your time.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Unmask is a nice card, but I agree with The Magic Jackal more. In the past month, I've run 4 Blastoderms in all my decks. THEY RULE.

Yet, most of the time, if you run across a Parallax Wave, it wins. That is my pick.

Ransac, the monkey butt farmer

D

DÛke

...than clearly, you're not playing Black as a main color. My argument was "if you're playing Black for a main color", it didn't say it. I thought you'd know. But you didn't. It's aieeeght:).

"Ah, I enjoyed abusing you...Care to try again?"

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Spiffy. Then what are your choices for the other colors?

Ransac, who wants to know why, and why, and why, and.....

D

DÛke

Green, IT HAS got to be Blastoderm
Red, Skizzik.
Blue, Counter Spell:).
White, Parallax Wave.

There.

"Any more questions?"

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Very nice. Exactly my choices. Except for Skizzik. I would to say the most influential red card is.....

Wildfire.

Ransac, The ransac says you dang wrong

T

The Magic Jackal

The question was not what is the most influencial card for each color, it's what is the most influencial card.

Although i agree that paralax wave is very dominant, I do not think it is as dominant as blastoderm. White is a harder color to splash then green is. All you need for blastoderm is a green mana source and and elf of some kind and you've got your two green mana.

Wave does win you the game most of the time, but a lost of times it is just a stall card, it allows you to build up your army against a fast deck while slowing them down.

Blastoderm, on the other hand is always useful. It can either be trading bait for a big creature, or take out 3 smaller creatures. That seems to work good in any deck in my opinion.

G

Gizmo

Armageddon, by a country mile.

Slow set + mana producers = MaroGeddon

U

Ura

Geddon is a good one, but I'll put Cursed Totem up there with it, with so many of the good creatures in the new T2 having activated abilities, this could prove to be a real headache card for alot of players.

D

DÛke

...thanks for making it clear for me. My answer changes now.

The cards that should be, or atleast, I, will add in every deck I build will be Opt. One Blue mana for what it does? I'll add 4 in each deck I build, of any color! Great search device, plus, it makes your deck smaller, giving you a bit more chance for drawing the "better" cards in your deck.

Opt will dominate the decks, and if not, it will dominate MY decks:).

I love Opt.

D

Darsh

Thats easy it's going to be either Plains, Forest, Mountain, Swamp, or Island. Every deck uses those :p

Seriously I'd have to say 'geddon, with all the mana intensive deck that will appear (and the duals) land destruction will be a primary way to shut decks down.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is this "current" Type 2? And Invasion isn't legal yet for another month?

If so, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Masticore or Morphling (and to a lesser degree, Port).

M

Mikeymike

Unfortunately, Rishidan Port probably the most influential card in T2. The reason is about 60% (being stingy, probably more) of the competitive decks run 4 of them. It is never the most dominant card or centerpiece card for any deck, but it is rarely a wasted draw (only exception I can think of is LD w/ 4 lands out already).

No card in Masques Block affected the environment like Port. But I still freaking hate the card (almost as much as Maze of Ith).

F

FoundationOfRancor

The type 2 when Invasion hits is what im refering too.

M

Mikeymike

Oh, then Security Detail definitely.

OK, maybe not. Its tough to tell but with the multicolor about to make a strong statement, Citadel of Pain just became much stronger.

T

terzarima

Voltaic Key, I know but its great in like the phryxian collosus combo and it works great with every artifact do I think that Voltaic Key is the most influencial Type II card

After all did Kai budde win using 4 of these?

D

Densmore

you cant say any single card is influential because every color has its own list of equally useful cards.
but,if i had to choose it`d be engineered plague just cause it messes alot of decks up BAD.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Invasion type II means that Urza's block will rotate out.