Type II Red

W

WickedBoy6

I'm sure a variation or two of this deck has shown up on the board, but I'd like to show you the deck I currently run in Type II Apprentice.

2 Jayemdae Tome
2 Pillage
3 Grafted Skullcap
3 Words of War
4 Blistering Firecat
4 Browbeat
4 Firebolt
4 Goblin Raider
4 Grim Lavamancer
4 Hell-Bent Raider
4 Raging Goblin
4 Sabretooth Tiger
18 Mountain

Originally, it had Relentless Assaults & Orcish Orriflames, but I soon realized I wasn't using them, and even with them, I was not winning creature battles because the spells were slowing my game up, so they were scrapped in favor of the Skullcap/Words combo. I still think it comes out too slow, might scrap the Tomes for more mountains.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Sabretooth Tiger?
I must not be paying attention to Red these days... :rolleyes: :(

W

WickedBoy6

Sabretooth Tigers go all the way back to Ice Age. I remember using them for my Black/Red Soul Burn deck when it came out. They moved on into 5th Ed. & have been i nthe basic set ever since. I'm thinking of taking them out, too. I like them...hey, who doesn't like 2-power first strikers? But they're 2R, and I'm sure I can find more potent creatures for this deck for less. Might replace them with Mad Dogs or possibly Minotaur Explorer.

I took out the tomes in favor of more mountains. If I need to draw cards, I have Browbeats. If the opponent takes the damage, that's fine, too. Usually I have Words of War & Grafted Skullcap, so he can choose to take either 5 or 6 damage :D Ah, Browbeat...Where were you during the Rath Cycle...

T

train

3cc red creature that's nice to have around...

Goblin sharpshooter...;)