Type II Pro Tour

A

Apollo

Hey, I just read on Starcityccg.com that they're adding a Type II pro tour (I guess it was originally on the sideboard). Anyway, there was a few threads going around on the boards saying they should make one, so maybe they listened. Or maybe I'm just dreaming. Were there threads like that going around on other sites, too? At least, it's nice to know that they were listening to all of the people that requested on. I don't personally care about a Type II Pro Tour, but lots of other people do, so this is pretty cool. Anyway, I'm really starting to ramble, so I'll shut up now *sound of cheering* :)

Apollo

Z

Zadok001

More importantly, at least from my non-tourney-attending standpoint, StarCity got itself a message board! Happiness and glee to all! :) It's pretty nice, but no sigs and no way to see the thread while replying either. But I can live with that!

"What's that long 'H' word again?"

G

Gizmo

Yes - I think Starcity are the perfect example of how to influence WotC - they just picked up on the current desire for a T2 Pro-Tour and decided to arrange a petition, the simple fact they did this caught WotC`s eye and they decidedd to make the change. Without hassle, without much direct contact - Omeed met WotC a couple of times to chat about stuff, that`s all.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tag Guard

Hmmm... what implications can one get here... namely, why is StarCity more influential than CPA?

Gizmo (or someone else): Can you elaborate on this "arranging a petition" deal? What did they do? How many people did they get to sign it? How was it worded? Can the CPA take some lessons here?

G

Gizmo

"Hmmm... what implications can one get here... namely, why is StarCity more influential than CPA?"

Profile - this is BY FAR the most important thing. This is what I`m tryiong to get people to understand - the CPA has almost no popular profile compared to the commercial sites. This is understandable because we aren`t commercial so we don`t have money to throw at it, but it IS the #1 thing that should be changed.

They also conducted themselves utterly properly and at no point tried to pressure WotC at all. They simply let the growing list of names on the petition say it all for them.

But mainly it was profile, drawing numbers ot their cause.

"Can you elaborate on this "arranging a petition" deal? What did they do? How many people did they get to sign it? How was it worded? Can the CPA take some lessons here?"

Well why not e-mail Omeed (Dariani - editor of Starcity) and get it straight from the horse`s mouth?
His address is:
odariani@aol.com

Basically they just said "anybody who agrees simply send an e-mail to (insert address here) with the subject 'T2 Pro-Tour petition' and give us your name and we will add it to the petition".