Type II Control/Waters up for critique

A

alpine_beaver

hi everyone. this is my current type 2 control/waters deck that i plan on bring to states. it does pretty well against most of the field, and since most ppl r not going to expect it as much as some of the other archtypes in the field at the tournament where i'm heading, i feel confident that i will do alright. anyway, here is the deck. plz post comments and/or suggestions for the deck. thank u in advance.

Creatures(13):

4 Stinging Barrier
4 Waterfront Bouncer
4 Ribbon Snake
1 Drake Hatchling

Spells(25):

4 Rising Waters
4 Counterspell
4 Gush
4 Sky Diamond
4 Daze
3 Thwart
2 Foil

Lands(22):

18 Island
4 Rishidan Port

G

Gizmo

Aren`t your creatures incredibly bad?

Bouncer and Barrier aren`t good enough to make the transition to T2. Ribbon Snake is fairly iffy too seeing as Hammer and Rage are now in the field.

I don`t think any MBC decks will translate effectively into T2.

P

Purple_jester

The Rising Waters + Counters spell engine isn't bad. However, Gizmo's right in saying that the creatures may not cut it so well in Type 2. Perhaps there are alternative creatures you could use... I've seen Waters with lots of fliers, or in combo with Parallax Tide, as well as the Cloudy (U/W) and Murky (U/B) variants.

Could those do better in the multi-color environ?

D

Duel

I think that, if ou play waters, you ust play u/g or u/w waters. One has creatures for superiority, plus elf mana. The other has enchantments.