type 2 red deck that wants a little help

P

plaguelord2000

hi
this is a red deck i enhanced from a MBC citadel of pain deck. its a fun deck to play and its easy to play. the idea is to get 2 citadel of pains out, which will ultimitly force my opponent to tap out. i have pumpible creatures in here that move me away from the citadel lock and move me towards a win. the only proble i found with this deck is the all mighty masticore. i have a few ways to get around him but its a real bumpy ride. well heres my deck

creatures
4 raging goblins (quike damage more versitile than shock)
4 ridgeline rager (pumpibility and a lategame beatstick)
4 shock troops (built in shock ability)
3 flowstone wall (good pumbibuility and a very nice wall)
3 chemeric idol (an artifact that becouse a creature)
1 keldon berserker (while im tapped out hes a 5/3 creature)
1 hammer mage (takes out the grim monolith and a masti)

others
4 citadel of pain (cards that forces your opp. to tap out) 4 arc lightning (targeting more than one creature is good)
4 shock (must have burn spell)
3 shatter (ill destroy that pesky artifact)
2 rhystic lightning (a cheap lightning blast for me)

lands
2 ghitu encampment (ill atack with a land and tap out)
18 mountains

please tell me what you think and what i can do to it. oh the tremors are to take out rebels and to stop the evil squirles.
till later then i guess

P

plaguelord2000

sorry about the mess up but there is 4 ark lightnings in there.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

i would take out hte shocks and put in some incinerates. and also add some mogg fanatics. and put in like 2 berserkers, and take out hte ridgeling ragers

P

Purple_jester

Problems with Masticore? All red? Gotcha.

Deathknight's ideas are sound, and I would have made similar suggestions, but unfortunately, Incinerate and Mogg Fanatic aren't Type 2 legal anymore.

First of all, about the Shock Troops. Perhaps, while the Urza set is still T2 legal, you're better off using Keldon Champion or even Ghitu Slinger. They have echo, but you don't seem to mind having all of your lands tapped.

Second, if you're still having trouble tapping out and making economic use of your lands, why don't you exchange Blaze for the Rhystic Lightnings. However, I like the Rhystic Lightnings, so don't take this suggestion unless you're having tap out problems.

Lastly, you can't handle the Masticore?
Next to black, red shouldn't have the next least problem with that unfair monstrosity. Why? One word: Pillage. If you bury the land or artifact, then it CAN'T regenerate. Unless, they errataed it while I was taking a break from Magic so that it says "destroy". In which case, you're in big trouble. Otherwise, replacing the three Shatters with Pillage is the solution to your problem.