Two Cleric Decks for critique

T

TheCasualOblivion

I am unfamiliar with cleric decks. I have never seen one, and don't know the first thing about how others build them. This is a total shot in the dark, just me looking at the cards and trying to see a deck in them.

First off, this is the second deck I made. I saw the combination of Dauntless Defender and Pestilence, but it just didn't fit into the deck I was building, which was based on heavy white. So I made a second deck based on Dauntless Defender and Pestilence. The main idea is that Pestilence never does anything other than 1 damage, so my Clerics are never going to take any damage from it ever. Sounds good to me. Since I was going to have a ton of Black Mana in here, I decided I'd like to find out how well Gerrard's Verdict works as Hymn to Tourach #5-8.

Creatures (22)
4 Order of the Ebon Hand
3 Withered Wretch
4 Edgewalker
2 Rotlung Reanimator
2 Cabal Archon
3 Doubtless one
4 Dauntless Defender

Spells (20)
4 Dark Ritual
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Gerard's Verdict
4 Diabolic Edict
4 Pestilence

Land (19)
9 Swamp
5 Plains
4 Caves of Koilos (Scrubland if ya got 'em)
1 Dromar's Cavern (City of Brass or Undiscovered Paradise, Haven't decided)

I figure eight 2-mana 2-discards should disrupt the other deck pretty bad, and the rituals should get the Pestilence and Defenders. This deck may need more mana than my other deck. I'm looking at it and the casting costs are a bit higher. Then again, the extra discards might buy some time.

The other deck, the first one I made, is based on White instead of Black:

Creatures (25)
4 Mother of Runes
3 Order of Leitbur
3 True Believer
3 Whipgrass Entangler
3 Rotlung Reanimator
2 Cabal Archon
4 Edgewalker
3 Doubtless one

Spells (17)
4 Gerrard's Verdict
4 Night's Whisper
3 Death Grasp
3 Wrath of God
3 Vindicate

Land (19)
9 Plains
5 Swamp
4 Caves of Koilos (again... Scrubland)
1 Dromar's Cavern (or City of Brass or whatever)

Deck just seems fairly solid, though I like the Rotlung Reanimator/Wrath of God aspect. Might consider switching Battlefield Medict for Whipgrass Entangler. Just don't know.