Turbostasis (Old M:tG computer game deck)

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Oversoul, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Like I mentioned in the Butter Knives thread, I made about ten different decks in the old computer game. Most of them were derivative of stuff I'd seen in the past. I don't think I actually looked at a real Turbostasis list before making this. I just vaguely remember the concept and threw in whatever looked good. Because I am a sick, twisted, bad, rotten deviant, I found this deck to be very fun to play. I think the Butter Knives list has one of my highest win rates, just because it came out so explosively and overpowered opponents, but this list performed pretty well too.

I actually don't remember playing with or against Turbostasis before I made this, but I once had a deck with Temporal Adept and Static Orb, and it was similar. Most of the decks I could go up against were fairly slow, so I'd play a very defensive, controlling game and wait until I could safely assemble Time Elemental + Stasis, then protect my stuff, go for Kismet if I didn't have it already, and complete a full lockdown. Even without a full lockdown, Black Vise could potentially kill opponents. Sometimes I didn't draw Black Vise, and instead put down multiple Time Elementals, bounced all of my opponent's permanents, and won by decking. Isn't Stasis cool?

4 Stasis
    4 Time Elemental
    1 Time Walk
    1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Balance
    1 Black Lotus
    1 Black Vise
    4 Counterspell
    1 Feldon's Cane
    4 Force Spike
    4 Howling Mine
    4 Kismet