Trouble in Webville

B

BigBlue

I am still unable to post in our thread Mooseman... I can't even PM you.

It's just strange... I've had trouble creating new threads in here too...

I'm on my 3rd browser (errors in IE and Google Chrome... I get redirection errors in Safari - which is what I'm trying to use now).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Weird... if you getting those errors no matter what browser, maybe it's something with your computer settings/firewall/ISP provider?

B

BigBlue

Home & work... two completely different networks - we don't proxy.

B

BigBlue

Whats absolutely strange to me is I can do "block the lynx"

But if I put a space after lynx, it gives me the error. (but not a comma! or a Quote!) : puzzled:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I looked, and couldn't see "lynx<space>" as a reserved word. I'll PM Ed to see if he has any ideas.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hey. I tried it and I got an error too! Is it just the word "lynx" though?

Block the linx
Block the linux

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Missed this thread.

Unfortunately, it's a security configuration on the server that we can't really get around.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Any combo with lynx works as long as that word is not followed by a space
lynx
As the only word on the line works fine.....

Weird....

lynx

B

BigBlue

And here I thought it was because your sig switched to Russian... I figured you'd been hacked!

Until I threw that in the google translator and it came up with "American Elk Man arrives"... :)

B

BigBlue

Lynx- is a command line browser in unix... perhaps that is why it's protected, to preserve some sort of functionality with that browser... (which I used a very very long time ago when most of the web was still text... you get fine images which look like "[image]"... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably need a history of unix for that :)

My translation of Mooseman's Russian line was something like "Here comes the Man of Moose" :D