Tribal game 2

M

mythosx

Sign up now for the next tribal melee! We are waiting for the exciting conclusion from the last one to proceed. I of course will be representing slivers...

M

mythosx

when you getting back? we can wait...heck we are waiting for one of the other guys to deck arent we?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
mythosx said:
when you getting back? we can wait...heck we are waiting for one of the other guys to deck arent we?
I think BB's plan is to deck me, but I'm not positive. Decking him is not my plan.

If you can wait until after our game is over, then I'll try to build a new deck and go at it another round. If you don't want to wait, that's fine too.

M

mythosx

we wait...its like the royal rumble we need bodies...lots and lots of bodies...I think it would be no fun if my decks go off an do their things unopposed...and if it were a 3 way from the start...I think that would have been the case... we want to mix it up. You think we should only have one tribe of each tribe?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
mythosx said:
we wait...its like the royal rumble we need bodies...lots and lots of bodies...I think it would be no fun if my decks go off an do their things unopposed...and if it were a 3 way from the start...I think that would have been the case... we want to mix it up. You think we should only have one tribe of each tribe?
If that's what everyone else would prefer, I can do it. I just need to know before I start building a deck.

I take it you call slivers...

M

mythosx

still looking for sign ups...so far I got me, spidey, oversoul...

B

BigBlue

I'm interested....

And yes, my only hope is to deck you.... unless some infinite life dealing loop mystically appears within my deck....

Of course, I do have to keep my life to do that....

If you have some other win condition, I'll have to hope I can throw a kink in it...

L

Limited

mythosx said:
still looking for sign ups...so far I got me, spidey, oversoul...
I am in!

need to think of another tribe though.. not claiming anything for now

M

mythosx

Here is the current roster...limited, big blue, spiderman, oversoul and myself...in no particular order.

I'm hoping for a holiday Melee spectacular...its going to be awesome

B

BigBlue

See, I would play my sliver deck, but I don't have any overlords, and don't need you stealing my slivers.... Mine is a lot different than yours...

M

mythosx

BigBlue said:
See, I would play my sliver deck, but I don't have any overlords, and don't need you stealing my slivers.... Mine is a lot different than yours...
hahaha

how is your's set up?

B

BigBlue

I'll play mine some time.... just to show you... It's not really well tuned... I just threw it together once after accumulating too many of the darn things...

For the next Tribal game, I'm going to try a different tribe... and see how it does... I'm hoping it's a more "normal" game... I don't really play with infinite combo decks or weird win condition gimicks.... I have a couple decks which have them, but I rarely play them - they just aren't that fun to play and annoy my friends... well annoyed them anyways... the only opportunity I have to play any more is with my boys - and it's different playing against an 8 & 11 year old... you don't really want to "crush" them, but don't want to get crushed either.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
For the next Tribal game, I'm going to try a different tribe... and see how it does... I'm hoping it's a more "normal" game... I don't really play with infinite combo decks or weird win condition gimicks....
Translation: "Cut the weird crap, Oversoul!" :eek:

I have absolutely no idea what to try for next game, though. So we'll see...

B

BigBlue

I didn't really mean it that way.... I even meant to put it explicitly.... I just meant that degenerate games are boring... see our current game as an example...

M

mythosx

are my slivers degenerate? If they are I don't mind changing to something else...I don't think anyone cept for limited and big blue were trying to win straight up....then again those false prophets were total punks...

B

BigBlue

SEE.... this is how I get in trouble.... No, slivers aren't degenerate.... forget I said anything... Honest... If I really didn't like playing, I wouldn't... :)

M

mythosx

rawr hisss....i gotta find an answer for wrath of god type things...I keep getting hosed last game from board sweepers

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
I just meant that degenerate games are boring... see our current game as an example...
Yeah, I would have expected to have killed you already. My deck isn't meant to be particularly exciting after it gets an infinite life combo, but it's not supposed to be at the other end of the spectrum either...