Transcendence in MP

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Spiderman, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

White Creatures

1 Wall of Resistance
    1 Angelic Wall
    2 Battlewise Aven
    1 Silver Seraph
    1 Ancestor's Chosen

Gold Creatures

1 Silver Drake
    1 Hazerider Drake
    1 Sky Spirit
    1 Iridescent Angel

Blue Creatures

3 Merfolk Looter

Blue Spells

1 Ray of Command
    4 Counterspell
    1 Careful Study
    1 Capsize
    1 Frantic Search
    1 Reins of Power

White Spells

1 Allay
    1 Empyrial Armor
    1 Frantic Purification
    1 Land Tax
    1 Second Thoughts
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Wrath of God
    1 Transcendence
    4 Swords to Plowshares

Gold Spells

1 Daring Leap

Artifacts

1 Claws of Gix
    1 Ivory Tower
    1 Fellwar Stone

Land

1 Deserted Temple
    1 City of Brass
    2 Wasteland
    1 Tundra
    1 Soldevi Excavations
    1 Strip Mine
    7 Island
    9 Plains

This looks like a hodge-podge and it basically is; I wanted to use Transcendence in a MP setting. In Single Card Strategies, someone suggested using bounce so that's why this is W/U. However, I don't really have that much bounce as you can tell. I also wanted to use W/U gold cards.

I played this last night and won two games out of two; Wrath of God was key as for some reason, I got one or both of Ancestor's Chosen or Silver Seraph in my opening hands for both games. I was hit a couple of times but then the other players started getting out stuff so I was okay. Then I Wrathed and swept the board and took control with either the Iridescent Angel or the Ancestor's Chosen (which in the second game brought me back from 2 life to 18).

So I think I need another Wrath and maybe some Madness cards to go with the Looters (or an altogether different drawing card that's not Rhystic Study). Probably some more bounce too. I liked Reins of Power though as I used it one time to take an opponent's creatures and use them to block when another player was attacking me :)