Tournment level formals(like MtgNews/themanadrain)

M

Matthias

I enjoy being able to browse formals with articles and discussions that are up to par for tournment play. I dont mean to insult your formals but the massive amounts of beginner decklists and ideas bug me.

E

EricBess

Wow!!! I think you're onto something here. We should encourage lots and lots of high-profile players to post and tell us all how to improve our game and we can be the next set of tournament staples.

Cool...

And then we could change the name of the site to something other than CASUAL Players Alliance.

Sorry, Mattias. No offence intended, but if that's what you are looking for, I think that you should try one of the other sites you mentioned. You are more than welcome to come back here if you ever want a break from that sort of thing...

Or maybe I should say "when" you want a break from that sort of thing.

Ferret

Staff member
Sorry, Matthias. This question has been asked before and to the same result. The serious player websites are what inspired the existence of the CPA in the first place (that, and the crummy erata for Waylay).

-Ferret

"...Casual Tournament Players' Alliance? naw, don't like the acronym..."

N

Nightstalkers

Try to change mtgcraft.com instead.

Its official everybody, mtgnews.com stapled our account to the floor and will not let us rejoin the ranks of members...

The are so going to pay with their internet server.

Ferret

Staff member
What is the deal w/ this? Are they afraid we might be some kind of competition to them? They get all the spoiler lists first (aside from Wizards.com, of course) and have lots of information about tournaments and stuff...we're nothing like that...

-Ferret

"...you've been around for almost four years - we can't trust you anymore..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's just restricted to Nightstalkers, not the CPA as a whole.

I have to agree with everyone else Matthias, there are lots of tourney oriented sites out there that can cover it much better than us and that's not really the goal here.

N

Nightstalkers

It would be nice to get spoilers first though :cool:

Does anyone here know how to kill an internet server other than pouring coffee into the poor thing?

Ferret

Staff member
I would love to get my mits on a full spoiler list first, but I guess I'm also willing to wait since I won't be able to play w/ them until they're actually released...

-Ferret

"...I can come up w/ ways to play w/ the cards on the fly..."

N

Nightstalkers

Why not create a set of cards for the CPA and then use them in the games forum???

One thought from many

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not like MTGNews is hiding or keeping the spoiler info for itself until the last minute, so you might as well go there for the latest news.

N

Nightstalkers

that would detract followers from our site.

In the end, the news will win.

didn't we have this posting thing under control?

Code:
Error, Please Stand By....