Tourney Replenish

G

Gizmo

Apologies in advance, this is a tourney decsigned to kill in as short and as brutal a way as possible. As a result Casual Players are excused from class and may go home early.

Based on the Patrick Minton list, I have been playtesting this and think it`s pretty damn tasty. Anybody got suggestions?

Blue
4 Seal of Removal
3 Counterspell
4 Attunement
3 Frantic Search
1 Back To Basics
2 Parallax Tide
2 Confiscate

White
3 Seal of Cleansing
4 Replenish
4 Opalessence
4 Parallax Wave
2 Wrath Of God

Land
4 Adarkar Wastes
8 Plains
12 Islands
(does this sound right to you, given all the WW2 spells compared to the U2 spells?)

Need a sideboard, and wouldn`t mind a few tutors. Basically anybody got any input?
Might be worth reading Patrick`s article:
http://www.meridianmagic.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=0003304400

[Edited by Gizmo (04-05-2000 at 11:10 AM).]

C

Chaos Turtle

Suggestions?
Yeah, I suggest you run, because if I see another replenish deck, I'm gonna scream and go on a bloody rampage...
(I just keep losing to it...)

T

The Magic Jackal

Hey, i'm already on a rampage. We can't have two crazy people, can we?
Hmmm, I would definitely have spirtual asylum in sideboard. This will protect aganist Ld, which is suppose to be good against replenish. The asylum would aslo protect against disenchant.

S

supascrub

You don't really need it. Just play chill. Their LD will cost too much to keep you under control. Gizmo, have you tried Saproling Burst. It gives you creatures, beats down, and can win the game by itself.

G

galtwish

Sean McKeown (sp?) has a good article on Meridian Magic about Replenish, specificly about how you want to have the most broken draw possible, like extended Tinker. So play with depletion lands. Here's my evolution of it:

4 Frantic search
4 Attunement
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Enlightened Tutor

4 Replenish
4 Opalesence

4 P.Wave
4 P.Tide
4 Seal of Cleansing
4 Seal of Removal

3 Misdirection

4 Adakar Wastes
4 Remote Farm
4 Saprazzen Skerry
4 City of Brass
4 Island
3 Plains

SB
4 Lilting Refrain
1 Misdirection
4 Martyr's Cry
3 Academy Rector
4 Counterspell

SB is shakey, but main deck can kill/lock up pretty damn fast. Refrain will be key agaisnt Blue and in the mirror, and Misdirection is far superior to other counters when you want to go off.

Erik

T

The Magic Jackal

True, chill would work, but the asylum will protect against Disenchant. Your creatures can't be the target of spells or abbilities, and since all your enchants are critters, they are invinciable.

G

Gizmo

PWaves do that - they let you phase your stuff out when Opal is around.
The tricks this deck plays when it gets going are astounding...

But now I don`t care about this deck because I just found out I`ve pre-qualified for the UK Nationals on my ranking (ranked 11th in country on Composite) so I`m not allowed to play in any Regionals and I don`t need a deck.
:)
Actually, sod that...
:D

G

galtwish

Congratulations! Now kill this damn thread, I prefer to be an ostrich regarding combo decks.

Erik