tourney pack insert

N

Nightstalkers

"May use it in any format that allows TimeSpiral cards as well a any format that allows the original card"

and just an FYI if nobody has heard anything yet:

Partial Purple card spoiler said:
White
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Auratog
Celestial Dawn
Consecrate Land
Disenchant
Enduring Renewal
Essence Sliver
Honorable Passage
Icatian Javelineers
Moorish Cavalry
Resurrection
Sacred Mesa
Soltari Priest
Spectral Lynx
Squire
Witch Hunter
Valor
17/18

Blue
Dandan
Flying Men
Ghost Ship
Giant Oyster
Leviathan
Lord of Atlantis
Merfolk Assassin
Mistform Ultimus
Ovinomancer
Pirate Ship
Prodigal Sorcerer
Psionic Blast
Sindbad
Stormscape Familiar
Unstable Mutation
Voidmage Prodigy
Whispers of the Muse
Willbender
18/18

Black

Bad Moon
Conspiracy
Darkness
Dauthi Slayer
Evil Eye of Orms-by-Gore
Faceless Butcher
Funeral Charm
Sengir Autocrat
Soul Collector
Stupor
Swamp Mosquito
Twisted Abomination
Uncle Istvan
Undead Warchief
Undertaker
Withered Wretch
17/18

Red
Avalanche Riders
Browbeat
Disintegrate
Desolation Giant
Dragonstorm
Dragon Whelp
Eron the Relentless
Fire Whip
Fiery Temper
Fledgling Dragon
Goblin Snowman
Kobold Taskmaster
Orcish Librarian
Orgg
Suq'Ata Lancer
Tribal Flames
Uthden Troll
Wildfire Emissary
18/18

Green
Avoid Fate
Call of the Herd
Cockatrice
Craw Giant
Gaea's Blessing
Gaea's Liege
Hail Storm
Hunting Moa
Jolrael, Empress of Beasts
Krosan Cloudscraper
Scragnoth
Spike Feeder
Spitting Slug
Thallid
Thornscape Battlemage
Verdeloth the Ancient
Wall of Roots
Woolly Spider
18/18

Gold
Fiery Justice
Jasmine Boreal
Merieke Ri Berit
Lightning Angel
Mystic Enforcer
Mystic Snake
Nicol Bolas
Shadowmage Infiltrator
Stormbind
Sol'kanar the Swamp King
Spined Sliver
Teferi's Moat
Vhati il-Dal
Void
14/15

Split
Assault // Battery
1/1

Artifact

Claws of Gix
Feldon's Cane
Grinning Totem
Mindless Automaton
Mirari
Serrated Arrows
Tormod's Crypt
The Rack
War Barge
9/10

Land
Arena
Desert
Gemstone Mine
Pendelhaven
Safe Haven
5/5

O

orgg

Nightstalkers said:
YES! YESSS!

My heart is beating so damned fast right now!

MORE ORGGS TO COLLECT!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Standard resaying of standing offer:
I'll give you ten cents each Orgg card you mail me. Make sure to mail at least four, or you won't get any 'profit' on the deal. Any Orgg cards accepted, PM me for details.

N

Nightstalkers

hey, your guess is better than everyone else.... they're saying that they'll reprint meddling mage XD

N

Nightstalkers

Oh well, Gatherer says it's coalition victory.

go ahead, they loaded everything into gatherer already.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, were you just doing a quick login or a thorough visit? 'Cause there's several games waiting on you in the Games Run, the most important the Singleton draft...

Tag Guard

D

DarthFerret

It was just a quickie. I got back at 4:15 yesterday, and had to go work at my church that night. Did not have time. Will try to get it all caught up tonight.

Tag Guard

G

Gizmo

Desert could actually be an important reprint for tournaments, especially considering without Strip/Wasteland/Dust Bowl theres no easy way for a deck to remove them short of Ghost Quarter. Imagine a blue control deck that can sit back behind a couple of Deserts knowing it can kill any 2/2 that comes in. Sure it deals damage but a bit of lifegain will solve that, and that weenie is in the bin.

I'm making Desert one of my chase rares from Time Spiral because if I'm right about it's playability then it's going tog et very expensive. Froma Arabian Nights it's one of the hardest to get in it's original printing, and Timeshifted rares are about twice as rare as normal rares. Imagine if Rishadan Port had been twice as hard to get 4 of.. how expensive would it have been?

L

Limited

I don't think Desert will be such a chase rare; because it provides colorless mana, Blue control won't like this card that much.

Personal call for a "chase" rare from Time Spiral:Greater Gargadon

I know it'll probably stay a crap rare, but I can't help but think that aggressive deck would like to be backed up by this 9/7 Beast. Can you imagine playing landdestruction (like Armageddon or Wildfire) and saccing your lands to get this into play a couple of turns earlier?

G

Gizmo

You're very wrong about the colorless mana. Mono-blue has plenty of space for colourless, and with 8 dual lands available at least even a 2cc deck has plenty of time for 4 Desert, especially considering your turn two spells cost 1U not UU these days. Christ these days the better control decks are 3 colours, let alone 2 with a couple of colourless lands. I'm not going to bet the whole farm on it being HUGE but I'm willing to bet the barn and cowshed - even 1 takes care of stuff like Lions, Confidants, Soltari Priests... and it makes the increasingly popular Court Hussar even better to be able to throw that 1pt of damage in on top so it's blocking as a 2/3 effectively.

Greater Gargadon is a very good spell as well, quite probably the best thing a red deck can play on turn 1. I dont think it will stay a crap rare at all, I think it's really strong and it's going to be played a lot for those times your opponent plays Wrath and you sac 3 guys to swing a 9/7 Hasty guy the next turn.

N

Nightstalkers

Dauthi Slayer for shadow decks, Essence Sliver for sliver decks, Gaea's Blessing, Gemstone Mine... the list goes on.

Even Pandemonium will be wanted.

O

orgg

How will a 1/2 for 1W be sought after? We've got a 2/2 with Flanking for the same cost in COMMON, and a 2/2 without abilities for the cost in the basic set!

SQUIRE had to have been a MISTAKE!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

My favorite things about the timeshifted cards are
1: I now have 2 black bordered bad moons
2: New oracle text on old cards!
3: random old cards in new packs. It definetly makes limited with this set fun as hell. During the Prerelease my partner played clockspinning adding counters to his serrated arrows...how awesome is that?

chase rares from the timeshifted cards are definetly going to be Psionic Blast and Gemstone mine(which will raise the price of the sliver precon, just like Jitte did the rat's nest)