Toronto: Searching for Gabe Tsang

Killer Joe

Hello! Well, I took my marching band to Toronto this past weekend to march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade there. It was fun!
First of all, let me tell you, if you've never been to Toronto, I highly recommend it. It's a wonderful Metro with much diversity in culture experiences. I teach in a school district deep in the dairy farm area outside of Pittsburgh and the most cultural experience my kids get is from TV.
We saw The Lion King (musical version) and it was really cool, the percussion section was split in two, one on each side of the stage. The animals were folks dressed up but not like in "Cats" where they looked like humanoid felines, but were cleverly disguised as animals. It was a good time.
We also went Medieval Times, we sat in the yellow section (yeah, I planned that ;)) and our Knight lost in the first Jousting event :(. The food was good and afterwards they held a dance party so you can meet the knights and others. There were big tables in the Great Hall and the MTG'ers were kicking themselves for not bringing their decks, (Hakuna Matata ;)).
I had blocked out a time for the kids to go to Eaton Mall in downtown, it's all underground and huge, anyway, some of the guys were looking for stores that sold Magic cards in hopes of finding a place to play, no luck :(. They still played anyway at the food court (these guys have an unsatiable appetite for playing MTG, whew!).
I was hoping that I might run into someone famous in the MTG world, but I only know of Gabe Tsang and "The Mauler" who are from Toronto, and in a huge city, well, who was I kidding.
I only got to place twice, and I lost both times with my weird version of 3-D, and besides, I was busy thinking about keeping track of everyone, OY!
Toronto, I recommend it, highly.