Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar

Discussion in 'Single Card Strategies' started by Mikeymike, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar
    5U - Rare
    Legendary Creature — Spirit
    1/5
    If you would draw a card, look at the top three cards of your library instead. Put one of those cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

What do you guys think of this card? Personally, I adore the ability, but hate that he costs 6 mana. Though it is splashable, so mana acceleration (green, artifact) would seem to do Tomorrow fine.

But turning every single one of your card draws into a baby Impulse, wow do I like that.
  2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

It looks like quite a useful control mechanism, but with such a prohibitive mana cost, I have my doubts...
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Don't you play a lot of MP Mikeymike? 6 mana shouldn't be too bad in that setting...
  4. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

6 Mana isn't bad, but it's still tough for me to justify a 6 mana creature when it isn't beating somebody's head in. So I have to wonder if the ability-engine is worth 6 mana when it is more easily killed than a typical ability-engine.
  5. Limited Yes, but we won't care

I love this card.. really like the combo with Sylvan Library..
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Mikeymike: True enough :)
  7. Gizmo Composite: 1860

He's got an ok ability, but for 6 mana now you would expect to get something with an AMAZING ability.