To your holiness...

What do you think of the idea suggested in this thread?

• GREAT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fair enough, for all the troubles you've cause...

• Keep the cards...

• The idea can't be any worse...

• Total voters
D

DÛke

...ok, so college has got me cornered. No big deal. I still check the net though. I must say, I'm so proud of myself...for making such a wonderful friends over the net! It's so amazing...and I'm saying that from the bottom of my heart. Lotta good times here...:)

Anyway, this thread isn't about me...it's about the CPA...and all the people who have been so devoted for it...the founders, Ed, and just everyone who has in any way contributed to kindle this place. As you may know, I have quit Magic. I have tons, and tons of cards...all over the place. I don't have time to sell them...I don't have time to trade them...I don't have any friends that play Magic...I don't go to tournies...Magic and I are completely apart now. I loved it while it lasted...and yes, there'll probably be a time when I may rejoin the game...

...but for now...

I actully have talked this over with few members WAY, WAY long ago...but the idea never came to life. I have a 100+ average rare cards that I simply DO NOT WANT in any way, shape, or form. If I see a person who plays Magic down the street, I would just give it to him/her. Seriously...I would just give them away. That's what I'm about to do. The CPA may want shirts, right? Well, I know money would be better...but I'm sure someone out there can arrange to get some money for a 100+ rare cards. They're actually not that bad of cards...some good stuff in there! Wrath of Gods, Serra Angels...goodies. So what I'm thinkin' is, I would donate these cards to someone in the CPA who'll be in charge of them...or something. IF a CPA shirt is made, I get one. If not...then the cards are to be given to select NEW CPA members that join, and prove to be active for some time<=== since I realize that's hard to accomplish...in this case...the holder of the cards can do WHATEVER. I really don't care at all. I'm very serious about this donation...and I know some will tell me to "...keep the cards in case you want to return..." but see, I AM keeping the cards I WANT (UNMASK! Angels...lotta cards! :p)...so no worries there.

So can this donation be made? PLEASE let it be...otherwise, the cards are in waste. I don't use them. I know no one who uses them. I have no time to do anything with them...not even BURN them! ;) Take them off my hand before I do something crazy with them...haha...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's a cool idea. I forgot who's doing shirts; theorgg maybe, and then someone else piped in. I would suggest giving them to theorgg as he had the shirt idea AND the button maker and he was behind a card-giving away idea a long time ago.

T

theorgg

I guess I could hold on to 'em...

I've been trying to set up a seller's account on E-bay, but it requires me to have a credit card to sell the stuff...

Shirts are somthing that I believe are a far cry, but the buttons seem to be very possible. Screen Printing and such costs quite a bit, about $15+ startup fees at local places, and then they're two or three pounds to mail, costing another few dollars.

Buttons, however, are small and don't cost too much to make, the maker is under $200 for two hundred button parts and are wearable with any kind of clothing you want...

Personally, I'd like to focus on buttons right now. Actually, I could talk to Ed and see if we could now start a CPA auction right here-- A thread where people could post bids on cards... or "lots" of cards.

Chaosden(the guy who use to run magic-singles.com) took the thousand forgn commons/uncommons and a few rares that I sent, along with TomB's contributions, and dissappeared. Rest assured that I won't do that.

R

Rando

I volunteered to something similar to this a year ago, and everyone told me I was stupid. :(

DUke...don't hit me.

T

theorgg

A year ago Chaosden was coming to these boards regularly and had only one nutral e-bay responce that wasn't a "good" responce...

Now he's got thirty, and they ain't nutral.

He was a benevolent man who saved the CPA in need. He still is somwhat, he just fell from grace once posessed, and noone knows why.

If you would like to donate to an impromptu auction, (after Ed's o.k., of course) I'll put details here...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I never did send those cards to ChasDen, so if you can get this set up I'll be happy to contribute them to the cause (if I can find them, that is :eek:).

Lemme know...:D

T

theorgg

Good! so I'm the only sucker who spent $15 sending a block of cards to him.

That's good.

I'll have to talk with Ed about it some more, as he's leaning tward putting the stuff up on Ebay via his membership..

D

DÛke

...Orgg gets da cards? Well...see, I'm kinda worried; he might eat'em! <gives a little thought> Naw...I think he'll eat his friends before eating cards...;)

Anyway, Orgg, all I need is your address...so you give me that here, on PM, email...whatever. I'll try to send the 100 or so cards ASAP...

Spiderman, isn't Serra rare in 7th? I dunno. Memory Lapse here...or is that Amnesia? :D Anyway, here's a very brief and unorganized list of some of the cards:

2x Serra Angel (Unlimited)
2x Wrath of God (Unlimited)
3x Theives Auction
3x Seismic Assult
2x Limited Resources
4x Apprentice Necromancer
2x Great Whale
3x (or 5x, I dunno) Well of Discovery (1 Chinese)
2x Yawgmoth's Bargain
4x Do or Die
2x Null Brooch
4x Opal Avenger
2x Gilded Drake
2x Equilibrium
3x Soul Sculptor
2x Lacolith Titan
1x Black Lotus (;))

Anyway...later...

T

theorgg

Since we'll probably use Ed's e-bay account, you might want to send 'em to him.

I'll tell him to get his rump onto this thread and work out the details...

Also, I've eaten Sea Trolls and some Atogs.
The rest are safe from me!

:{ )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think ChasDen had money/server troubles (that's what happened to the CPA's web url, wasn't it?)

DUke: I don't know if they're rare in 7th, but if you're listing the Unlimited versions, I'm pretty sure they're uncommons (good uncommons, to be sure :) )

D

DÛke

...I dunno who to send da cards to...so basically, I just need an address...Spiderman, if no one is willing to take them, I couldn't trust anyone more than you anyways...so...I NEED an address. I'm on the verge of freakin' out yo! ;)

D

DÛke

...! Before I begin my flame, Apollo, let me tell ya somethin': you misspelled "address"! :p HAHAHAHA! Ya like dat!?

Second, if I want my cards burnt by some phoenix, I'd just burn them in mah fire place...at least I wouldn't face you! No cards for ya, phoenx boy. :)

Spiderman, Orggyyy gave me his address, so I'll guess I'll be sendin' the card to him...thanx for the help anyway yo. Keep rockin' the CPA...:)

Later...

A

Apollo

Ouch. I can't believe DUke caught me in a misspelling! How shall I ever live down this humiliation?!

BTW, what's with "mah fire place"? Kinda Whimsy-esque...

...Oh, and you misspelled "phoenix":p

I

Istanbul

I could sell them on my eBay account.

istanbul0. Rating of 247 and climbing.

D

DÛke

...hip man!

FatOrgg, I'll send the cards to Istanbul. He can sell them, as noted above. One question: do you have a vague idea of how much money and how many CPA buttons we need? Because I could always “extract” more cards from my collection and sell them to make even more money…so I really want to know how much money/buttons we need.

Istanbul, thanks for the support...since you've been in the card-marketing thing for a good period of time, if I give you an exact list of cards that I have, do you think you might be able to tell me how much money we could make, approximately?

Apollo…there was non’Whimsical about what I said previously. It’s just your deep, passionate, and unconscious love and devotion to Whimsy that’s makin’ ya see all these Whimsy-esque things. It’s all in yer head, bird boy. :p

A

Apollo

Yeah, that must be it...

COME BACK WHIMSY!!! I LOOOOVVEEE YOUUUUU!!:)

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by DÛke
Istanbul, thanks for the support...since you've been in the card-marketing thing for a good period of time, if I give you an exact list of cards that I have, do you think you might be able to tell me how much money we could make, approximately?
Give me an exact list, and I can come up with an *estimate*. eBay being what it is, though, that's all it is...and the more I sell, the larger the margin of error.

D

DÛke

...Istanbul is nice enough to sell these cards. We're in the process of me sending the cards. Istanbul noted that it is possible, but not sure, that the cards may be able to bring something around $40-60, more or less. That money will be send to TheOrgg so he can save it up for the CPA buttons.

Also, seeing how a weak bunch of cards (in my opinion) may sell for that much, I've decided to sell even more cards, and donate even more money for the CPA buttons. My goal is to donate about $200 total...because I want my CPA buttons. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What's the status on this? Did DUke send the cards? Did Isty get them? Did he sell them on ebay? Are we getting a button-maker or whatever?