Thought Prison

M

Mefta16

I've gotten a thought prison recently and found out it is really mean against mono colors deck.:D I haven't thought of many combos w/it though exceept playing chalice of the void quickly afterwords.

If you guys know an other combos with tell me.:confused:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, Thought Prison, I thought you meant Icy Prison, for some reason...

I think I lost to this card once, when I was doing badly already. It's not just good against mono-color decks...

M

Mikeymike

Thoughtbound Prison

Thoughtbound Prison isn't necessary a card to build a deck around, it is really a sideboard card for mono-color decks. Like against sligh, MBC, white weenie, evil blue, etc. However in MP it will almost always have a good target, and more importantly it hurts all players.

If you do want to build around though, there are a few tricks you can do

(Go here to look up the cards I refer to)

Bounce (especially instant and/or permanent) - You can bounce the problem permanent to there hand during their turn, then Prison it from the game. Nice with Recoil, Capsize (which you can bounce the Prison with), and Boomerang especially.

Furnace of Rath - that is a stiff damage clock on your opponent. They can blow up either, but they'd still probably take 4 damage in the process.

Impatience - Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Flicker - Quick reset of the Prison, also removes another card from their hand.

* * This one I'll need a ruling on, I don't believe the timing works
Blind Seer / Vodalian Mystic - You can change the color of their spells to continously set off the. Blind Seer would be especially good with this in MP, since you can hit multiple players with it, and protect yourself.

R

Rooser

The timing doesn't actually work, Mikey. I went through this same agony when I tried to build a deck around Mana Maze. It's actually pretty ridiculous, since combos like that are the most useful way to use cards like those.....

H

Homestar

well ya kno i dont think building a deck around thought prison is a very good idea either. i mean, what card would play with it? i just like to put that in my deck as just a little side card. it's helped and hurt me in the past tho.........

Homestar037

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's more of a situational or reactive card than one to build a deck around (it relies too much on what your opponent uses). However, it did kill me in a Casual (with a capital "C" I guess :) ) tournament in one round. I had a losing hand to begin with and it never helped except then, but I was playing a better deck. Still, the deck was a suboptimal version of some sort of U/B Tinkerish deck that used situational artifacts, countermagic, tutors, etc. to grab what it needed to beat various decks. In the next game, I nearly lost control of the match when he Tinkered his useless Rack to get his Black Vise on the table. The one round I lost he Thought Prisoned the card I needed to stabilize once I ran out of countermagic. It was Intuition, and being damaged for every spell I played that was blue or costed 3 really brought my life total down. I'd imagine that a toolbox deck of sorts could make Thought Prison rather deadly. What's problematic about it is that the more colors you play, the more you open yourself up to take damage from the prison, but it still works...

I

Izaryo

this is such a nice card...

i have recently been playing a lot of black or red decks. they usually start to complain when i drop 2 of these

R

Reverend Love

Or you could be real oinkish and use stuff like changing EVERY spell's color to match that of the imprinted card's like:

Blindseer
Illusions/Reality
Vodalian Mystic

Serendipity!

I've been trying to find a suitable use for Thought Prison..now I've got one!

...wait for it......

stay on target......

stay ON TARGET!

SHAZAM!

Invoke Prejudice!

Now who where's clown shoes!? That's right...whoever the hell gets in our way! Rough deck to show up in decks forum shortly.

...Remember...stay on TARGET!

:D

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh wow, that's (Invoke Prejudice) a rarely seen goody (I had to actually read the card to remember what it did). I don't believe I've ever actually played against it either....

But this idea looks great. Tell me if it plays as cool as it sounds...