This one's for the Giz!

D

Dune Echo

WHAT'S THE BEST MULTIPLAYER BEATDOWN CREATURES?

Okay, if you're reading this and there's more than 20 posts after this, then you must first understand that Gizmo is the "Beatdown Artist" and he had a 120+ thread on the Dojo. I'd like to bring a variant of that back.

This is the best creature for BEATDOWN in MULTIPLAYER. I'll start other threads to reflect other types of creatures and spells.

Personally, I vote for Multani. Slap out a Primal Rage and you've got a "Beating Stick with Legs." (That's trademarked, I'll hurt you if you use it! :))

G

Gryphonclaw

Shouldn't this be in the voting forum?
Oh well, what do I know.

Best beatdown creature in multiplayer? I'd have to say Multani, (I said it first, no one else is allowed to agree :)), untargetable, fat, and fast.

Honorable mention goes to Soltari Geurillas.

D

Dune Echo

Didn't I put that one as my vote?

Does anyone else want me to move this thread?

A

arhar

My vote would be Cyclopean Mummy. Whenever I play one (and I play one in every deck of mine), everyone just laughs, shakes their head, and takes two points of damage whenever It attacks. Yeah, TAKE that two points. ADJUST that die, biaaaaaaatch!!! :0

T

theorgg

I've only been on the receving end, but I vote for Verdan Force.

twelve people were playing in a chaos game and WOW was it some beatings!

damn elf player put out two coats of arms on the sixth turn...

dumbass...
well, mabe not..

your NOT attacking with the verdant?
the saporlings are TWICE as big, dude!

M

Mundungu

theorgg : the same happened to me yestarday ...

I agree to all your choices but I have to give honorable mention to ascendant evincar.

All those elves, tims, tokens, moggs, bops merfolk suddenly joining the graveyard in unisson ... damm that card can be annoying.

C

Captain Caveman

Multani probably is the best but Lhurgoyf
and Saber Ants are pretty good too. Of course
the last two creatures I mentioned need a
little help to become powerful. Mainly in the
form of Gaea's Embrace or Rancor.

Palinchron isn't to bad under 6th edition
rules. (Block, put damage on the stack, then
return it to your hand.)Its really hard to
kill the darn thing too.

I going to guess that everyone will think
that Multani is the " best." How do you feel
about making a top ten list of the best
beatdown creatures or atleast ten really good
Beating Sticks......oops, I mean really good
Multiplayer creatures?

Thanx,
Caveman

G

galtwish

Hello, Morphling?
Untargetable
5 Power
x Toughness
Essentially Doesn't tap to attack.

I'll take her over any other creature any day (with enough Blue mana, of course)

Multani, 'Goyf and Archangel may be huge, Verdant may be potent, and Palinchron may be bouncey, but nothing beats the Swiss Army Knife for versatility.

Erik

T

The Magic Jackal

Has anyone noticed that gizmo hasn't been around in a while. Where did he go?

G

Gizmo

*Paf!*

Fear not my Casual chums, I have not deserted you - I simply had the minor life emergency of having to complete ALL my university coursework in the final five days before the faculty deadline because I`m just THE BEST at organising my time. Kind of cut my net time down a little.
But enough of that, what matters is that the G.I.Z.M.O. is back in the house!
And firstly I would like to thank Dune Echo for paying me the tribute of my very own topic. What do you get the guy who has everything? A BBS topic, obviously!
As Mike Myers so famously put it: "Excellent!"

Best multiplayer beatdown creature? Well untargetability sounds pretty nice because there`s going to be a hell of a lot of hate flying about, but I can`t back Multani because he`s a groundpounder and he`ll get stopped by the first Cho Manno to rear it`s ugly head.
"Oh-no! Cho Mann-o!"
Verdant Force is a good call but doesn`t really have untargetability, same goes for Revenant (an ignored powerhouse) and The Lord Of All He Surveys - the legendary Dakkon Blackblade.
I think I might have to back Palinchron because he survives the board sweepers like Wrath - when even Erik`s Mighty Morphin Power Ranger will take a dive.

Otherwise I think Rhox is kind of funky in a 'set the clock' kind of way, but my multiplayer style (when I play multiplayer M:tG, I prefer to get my multiplayer kicks in a Shadowfist stylee) is more combo-tastic and I rarely fail to do 20 damage with 'old faithful' - Krovikan Horror (signed FYI).
It might not be beatdown as such...but I kinda like it.

Later.

*Paf!*

T

The Magic Jackal

It's nice to have you back gizmo!

hmm, i haven't voted on this topic yet. Best multiplayer beatdown creature? Well, most of my multiplayer games end up with a turn two winter orb, or a turn two contamination, BOY ISN'T THAT GREAT? As for best creature...I'd have to say erhan djinn, just because everyone i play with plays with green multiplayer decks. Give your ally's creature forestwalk, and hey, I can't control if he attacks you or not, hehehehehehehe

A

Apollo

Well, I gues I'd have to say Palinchron, because my best multiplayer deck usually ends with Mana Flare/Pali. It isn't really any fun, but it gets my vote.

Gizmo: what is *paf*? I think it's the sound Jubilee's fireworks make. Is that it?

Apollo