This looks cool

S

sageridder

http://www.discoverconsole.com
Drop and play into a consol unit all your pc games,along with dvd's cd's mp3's and more.
The apex unit will use a 1.4gz pentium chip with nforce graphics for around $4oo.The Alienware version is expected to use faster components, but the equiptment hasn't been finalized yet.It will play any xp game and has support from microsoft on next-generation usability features.Not to shabby if you don't need to upgrade your comp for any other reason than wanting to play newer games.And as soon as conected to the internet it recognizes your installed games and automaticly downloads patches and updates to your game folder free of charge.I got my info from GMR magazine and the website, looks pretty cool.

The DISCover® game console is the only game console designed to play PC games instead of video games. DISCover game consoles will be manufactured by companies such as Apex Digital and Alienware, who will incorporate the patented DISCover "Drop and Play" technology into their consoles.

There are thousands of PC games, far more than video games in proprietary formats (i.e. PlayStation2 and Xbox).

Until now, serious gamers were required to install and run computer programs on a PC. With DISCover, PC game can now be played on a TV hassle-free.

To play any one of thousands of PC games on TV, you simply drop the game

C

Chaos Turtle

This looks REALLY cool.
My one and only reason for wanting to upgrade my PC is to play the games that require far more that my poor PC can handle.

Thanks for he 411.

O

orgg

What about old Dos games put onto a CD? Will it play floppy disc games?

That ~IS~ a pretty cool invention.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It is pretty cool, but I doubt you could play older DOS games on them. They'd be blindingly fast and no mention of a slow-down utility yet.