This is NOT home, but it's thhe next best thing.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Killer Joe, Jun 3, 2000.

1. Killer Joe Active Member

As often as I can I spread the "word" about this site. I don't want any credit though (really, I can't even remember who I've invited here). So, I'm asking you folks, do any of you make it a habit to promote this site when you're at another site or do you feel that this site growing at a fast pace anyway or do you feel this utopia is lost here by all the folks that have come trashing/contributing through here? I love this site so much that I am PROUD to say so in my signatures when posting elsewhere. Heck, I've even spoken (typed, really) to some of you making reference to this place, making it a knid of inside thing just so that others will be curious enough to visit here.
    If I'm wrong then say I'm wrong. If you agree then say that too.
  2. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

It's in my tagline or sig everywhere else. The way I figure it, if anyone comes here to flame (remember the Master?), they'll just leave of their own accord eventually. I love this site, I don't hesitate to promote it. But I generally don't do so to people I wouldn't want to have here (for example, in the flamewars on MtgNews that pop up occassionally, I leave my tagline out.)

It's everyone's own choice: You wanna promote the site, go ahead. You don't, don't. It's a 'Casual' thing (no pun intended- Oh, fine! Pun intended.).

"Whoops."
  3. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

I'm mr. recruiter or everything. Lik one of those damn annoying rebel cards...
    I always suggest this site to my magic-playing friends. Hell, I've got three lurkers who are friends here, not counting old zadok over there...
    I always recruit. In the last year, I've made it my mission to get everyone I know to come to my magnet school. I've personally recruited nearly 8 people.
  4. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

LoL @ Duel's new signature! LMFAO!

Where's that from???? :)

"SWEET!"
  5. Daenen New Member

How's it goin, Houts?
  6. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

I tell everyone I play on Apprentice (e-league gets all freaky if you advertise websites directly on the channel).

I also leave it at the end of my posts to the mailing lists and forums I post to, which admittedly I don't do nearly as often as I do this one.

Visit the Casual Players' Alliance!
    http://www.casualplayers.org

:)
  7. theorgg Slob

I activly promote the site.

how can you NOT when it's as good as it is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Patrician was sitting up in bed reading when Vimes entered. "Ah, Vimes!" he said.

"Your supper will be up shortly, my lord" said Vimes. "And I can once again say that our job would be alot eisier if we could moove you out of the palace?"
    "I'm sure it would be." said Lord Vetinari.

There was a rattle from the dumbwaiter. Vimes walked across and opened the doors.

There was a dwarf in the box. He had a knife between his teeth and an axe in each hand and was glowering with ferocious concentration.

"Good heavens," said Vetinari weakly. "I hope at least they've included some mustard."

-from Feet of Clay, on of the books in
    Terry Pratchett's Discworld seiries;
    the BEST fantacy sieries ever. and funniest.
  8. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Damn Straight! I got my new sig there!
  9. FadingInsomniac New Member

TAG GUARD

As I'm sure you've noticed by now, me and FoundationOfRancor have been recruiting half the population around the mid-Michigan area and so far Casey has six recruits, and I have one, and Slipknotrulz has a half.