This is kinda late, but did anyone know this?

I

Insane_Penguin

A few days ago on a flight from national, they ordered everyone to not get up for any reason for the last 45 minutes of the flight.

One person tried to get up to go to the bathroom near the cockpit, but marshalls standing there blocked the way. When he continued to pester them, they put him at gunpoint and tackled him. Then they ordered everyone on the plane to have their hands above their head for the rest of the flight.

Maybe this new security is kinda strict...

H

Hetemti

I'd've dropped my drawers and s` on his shoes.

But, the massess wanted the government to protect them from the evil evil terrorists that live within our midsts. The get what they deserve.

"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." — Benjamin Franklin

B

Bob

Did anyone hear about the 80 year old woman who was stopped on a plane for bringing on knitting needles?

...They were afriad she was gonna knit an Afghan

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

symbol as in the last sound of a rimshot ba dum dum <symbol>.....cause Bob made a really bad joke.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The order not to get up during the last (I thought it was) 30 minutes of a flight has been in standing for a long time, not just that one flight.

As such, personally I think you gotta be pretty dumb to break it. If you gotta go to the bathroom, either go just before the time or page an attendant to get the okay. Geez...

On a related note, what about that sports fan guy who dodged security by running down an up escalator because he forgot his camera? More dummies abound... He didn't want to miss his flight by going back through security but what happened anyways? They shut down the airport for four hours and he still misses his flight (and gets in a heap o trouble).

H

Hetemti

They shut down the airport because of an idiot and his camera?

...who're the dummies, really?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They only knew it was due to a camera AFTER they caught the guy. At the time, they probably only saw a guy running the wrong way and evading security.

So I ask you: Who's the dummy?

H

Hetemti

You radio a guard on the other side of the escalator and he clubs the dink on the head till he falls down. Haul him off to the in-terminal clink and let the rest of the citizens carry on with life.

Is this country turning into nothing but a population of pansies? Look out! He has a hangnail! It might have a B0MB inside! Quick! Shut down America!

ADDENDUM: If someone's going to blow up a plane, they aren't going to forget the frikkin` bomb. And even if they did, they wouldn't be so stupid as to draw attention to themselves. The only thing that makes airline terrorism plausible is the "just like everyone else" factor. Besides, an abandoned bomb can still go boom, even if the time an location were not according to plan.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously there wasn't a guard on the other side of the escalator, now was there?

Addendum: Let's not forget the "brilliant" terrorists who left behind a rental car filled with airplane instructions and other sundry stuff that led the authorities to those who created the fake id and documents and whatnot. Intelligence is not necessarily a hallmark trait of Bad People.

H

Hetemti

Obviously.

I never said they were brilliant. I'm speaking of averages. Anything can be disproven by a rogue incident.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
On the average... so why take the chance that this one incident (or the next, or the next) is going to be the "smart" Bad Guy? Why not assume ALL are dumb and follow the "better safe than sorry"?

R

Rando

Wouldn't be smarter to assume "all are smart" and procede with greater caution?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if you assume they were all smart, then like Hetemti says, the one running couldn't be a terrorist because no one would be that obvious and dumb.

That's why I'm saying to err on the side of caution and treat all of them as dumb.