This is an issue about people in the CPA. Please read.

Do you agree with me on this issue

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Neutral

• Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

• Total voters
T

TURD CUTTER!!!

I find it quite annoying when people make multiple posts in a row. What I mean is that people make a post, and then a minute later, they make another post on the same thread before anyone else has replied. Can something please be done about this?

R

Rando

...they take the extra ten seconds needed to edit the old post instead of putting up a new one.

F

fuzzy510

It doesn't really matter that much. It's just another post. If somebody does it continuallly, though, that's just trying to run up their post count, which is spam, and bad.

T

TeamRegime.com

Its here. the board, god, cpa and you. use it. it shouldnt matter when and how often one posts stuff. or...

they simply like seeing theyre name on the screen.

Nicholas Knight
www.teamregime.com

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that it is slightly annoying and I wish there was an easy way for me to fix them (right now all I can think of is edit the first post with a cut-n-paste of the second and then delete the second, which is too much work for such a little thing, IMHO). Sooo... aside from this post which might change the behavior of some, there's not much we can do (I don't want to "hound" the offenders :))

H

Hetemti

I usually edit my first rather than make a second. It's just common sense.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I agree with Hetemti.

On another note, I spent a long time posting on topics that interest me(except when I started, but that's besides the points.) that have increased my post count. I find it offensive if someone passes my count with spam.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Landkiller

Every once in a while is okay. And, generally, I wouldn't worry about it at all, until it's just silly.

Such as, if it's Post + Post + Post + Post with little informational value, then it is a problem. Basically, it's okay until it gets out of hand.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I dont think its a big deal as long as it's not an obvious attempt to raise post counts...

What bugs the heck out of me is when people dont go back and edit their cards like there supposed in Subterfuge
Its going to be soooo hard to compile a list, it would be alot easier if they would just go back and edit there posts with the correct changes to the card that we have disscussed.

D

Duel

I use it every so often. I post, then want to make an addition but forget to edit. I think it's alright as long as it isn't spam.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos Turtle just did it in the General forum... ;)

If the times are a couple of minutes apart, I don't see how hard it is to hit "edit" as opposed to "Post Reply".

If the times are around half and hour to an hour apart, it's "okay" but still preferable to edit.

Any greater time span, it's okay to post a new reply.

To me, anyway... :)

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

I agree with Spidey that if the posts are a day apart, for example, then it's okay. but, i think that the whole point of the edit/delete feature is that in case you make a mistake(i.e., a spelling error, forgetting to put something on), you can change it, instead of adding another post.

YJ: Well, MrClueless gets on my nerves the most with this. fuzzy510 also does it sometimes, and other people do it occasionally.

S

Salacious Crumb

Who DID steal the cookies? I don't really mind about the multiple post thing

Hoipa

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

Originally posted by Duel
"hoipa"..... why does that sound oh so familiar? :)
because k9archmage changed his name to Salacious Crumb.

I knew that somebody would do what Dementia did...:D