These cards are Rare?!?! WTF!

D

Darsh

This post is for those of you that have ever looked at a card a wondered what the people were smokin that made it a rare.

Mine are:
Wyluli Wolf
1G
T: target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn
1/1

Mon's Goblins Raiders (Portal Edition)
R
1/1

H

Hawaiian mage

Goblin Hero was a rare in starter too.

But if you've ever noticed, all the really bad cards are rare...

H

Hetemti

I think the reason for the wolf is probably because it's an anagram for Garfield's wife's name, Lily Wu.

Goblin Raiders and Goblin Hero are rares in Starter because they are availiable only in Guru packs. Starter Boosters don't have them.

E

ErinPuff

Pygmy Allosaurus
Heart Wolf
Mindbender Spores
Stampede
Yavimaya Gnats

...by the way, has anyone found a decent use for Keldon Battlewagon yet?

D

Darsh

Sure all you need is a green deck full of big creatures, the battlewagon, and a couple of vitialize. Oh course I don't care if this is tournement legal or not...

Z

Zadok001

Vitalize + Battlewagon = Better Berserk. Tell me that's not good. :) Or try using Seeker of Skybreak, Turnabout, and other similar cards for a really hard hit. The current record at our school is 24 thousand some-odd damage in one attack with the Wagon.

H

Hawaiian mage

What's wrong with Yavamia Ants? That's an awsome card for green!

E

Elrond

Hawaiian mage: he said Yavimaya Gnats, not Yavimaya Ants, which is a really cool card IMHO.

C

Cateran Emperor

How did no one say this yet? PALE MOON. One of my least favorite cards ever, if not the worst. Blech. This might be okay as a common and if it were a cantrip and...

A

Apollo

Battlewagon and Saproling Burst=21 damage and game.

You could make a deck around that, probly with some blue unblockable spells, counters, and search. I bet it'd win it's share of games.

N

nodnarb24

Battlewagon and Morphling. Pump the morph up, tap him, untap him, tap him...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I have never understood why Elvish Archer is rare.

Hawaiian Mage: Actually, yes, you are right, all rare cards suck, especially that stupid Black Lotus.... who would ever make a deck using that...... Yesterday I sold ten of the to some guy for $10 each. He was sooooooooooo stupid!

R

Ristik

Bad rares:
Pale Moon (Yes, it's so bad that it has to be said again!)
Sorrow's Path
Security Detail
Cornered Market
Shivan Gorge

Rares that aren't so great but are still cool:
Psychic Vortex
Dominating Licid
Brand (I like some of these Gilded Drake and Thieves' Auction decks)
Thieves' Auction
the new Leeches from Invasion

Oh, and by the way: Heart Wolf isn't rare. It's from Homelands, whose packs had no rare slot. It's an uncommon, and it doesn't completely suck.

N

nodnarb24

I love shivan gorge. It has saved my red deck against blue all the time.

G

Gizmo

Rishadan Port

If tt were uncommon it would 50% the problem it is now.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Gizmo:

Ummmmm.......

WHAT????????????

No, seriously, what??

?????????????????

E

ErinPuff

Heart Wolf's uncommon? That makes much more sense.. but I swear M:IE told me it was rare.. damn program! *kicks computer*