Theros Intro Packs: Spidey (Anthousa's Army) vs Mooseman (Devotion to Darkness)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 5

Deadly Recluse x2
Forest

Spidey: 13
Hand: 4
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,U) Plains x2

Pacifism (Enchanted creature can't attack or block)

(T) Elvish Mystic (1/1; T: Add G to my mana pool)
(T) Favored Hoplite (1/2; Heroic-Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~ and prevent all dmg that would be dealt to it this turn)
(T) Pheres-Band Centaurs (3/7)
(S) Deadly Recluse (1/2; Reach; Deathtouch)

Graveyard: Battlewise Valor, Anthousa, Setessan Hero
Exile:
===========================================================
Mooseman: 11
Library: 39
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UUT) Island x3

Ordeal of Thassa (Whenever enchanted creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Then if it has three or more +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice ~.When you sacrifice ~, draw two cards. )

(T) Insatiable Harpy (Harpy, 3/3, Flying, lifelink) ~Ordeal +1/+1 cntr~

Graveyard:Voyage’s End, Griptide, Boon of Erebos, Blood-Toll Harpy, Lash of the Whip, Child of Night, Sea God’s Revenge, Sip of Hemlock
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT:pharika’s Cure on one of the Recluses
UUD
Swamp
March of the Returned , to get the harpys back into my hand
Child of Night
Done

Library: 43
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,U) Plains x2

(T) Favored Hoplite (1/2; Heroic-Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~ and prevent all dmg that would be dealt to it this turn)

Graveyard: Battlewise Valor, Anthousa, Setessan Hero, Deadly Recluse
Exile:
Mooseman: 13
Hand: 3
Library: 38
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Swamp x3
(UTT) Island x3

Ordeal of Thassa (Whenever enchanted creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Then if it has three or more +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice ~.When you sacrifice ~, draw two cards. )

(U) Insatiable Harpy (Harpy, 3/3, Flying, lifelink) ~Ordeal +1/+1 cntr~
(S) Child of Night (2/1. Flying. Lifelink)

Graveyard:Voyage’s End, Griptide, Boon of Erebos, Lash of the Whip, Sea God’s Revenge, Sip of Hemlock, Pharika’s Cure, March of the Returned
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doh!

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Centaurs
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 5
Library: 42
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Elvish Mystic (1/1; T: Add G to my mana pool)
(U) Favored Hoplite (1/2; Heroic-Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~ and prevent all dmg that would be dealt to it this turn)
(U) Deadly Recluse (1/2; Reach; Deathtouch)

Exile:
Mooseman: 13
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Swamp x3
(UTT) Island x3

(U) Insatiable Harpy (Harpy, 3/3, Flying, lifelink) ~Ordeal +1/+1 cntr~

Graveyard:Voyage’s End, Griptide, Boon of Erebos, Lash of the Whip, Sea God’s Revenge, Sip of Hemlock, Pharika’s Cure, March of the Returned
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 3

Pacifism on the Harpy
Plains
Setessan Griffin

Done

Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Plains x3

(U) Favored Hoplite (1/2; Heroic-Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~ and prevent all dmg that would be dealt to it this turn)
(S) Setessan Griffin (3/2; Flying; 2GG: ~ gets +2/+2 ueot. Activate this ability only once each turn)

Exile:
Mooseman: 10
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Swamp x3
(UTT) Island x3

(U) Insatiable Harpy (Harpy, 3/3, Flying, lifelink) ~Ordeal +1/+1 cntr~ *Pacified*

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow that is just mean......
UUD
Witches’ Eye, equip on the Harpy

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Plains x3

(S) Setessan Griffin (3/2; Flying; 2GG: ~ gets +2/+2 ueot. Activate this ability only once each turn)

Exile:
Library: 37
Battlefield:

(UUUT) Swamp x4
(UUT) Island x3

Witches’ Eye (, EQ, Equipped creature has "1,T: Scry 1." Equip 1)

(U) Insatiable Harpy (Harpy, 3/3, Flying, lifelink) ~Ordeal +1/+1 cntr~ *Pacified* ~Eyed~

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just don't want him to get hurt :D

Untap, upkeep, draw

Attack with the Mystic, Centaur, and Griffin
Responses/blocks?

Library: 41
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U,U) Plains x3

(T) Setessan Griffin (3/2; Flying; 2GG: ~ gets +2/+2 ueot. Activate this ability only once each turn)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUT) Swamp x4
(UUT) Island x3

Witches’ Eye (, EQ, Equipped creature has "1,T: Scry 1." Equip 1)

(U) Insatiable Harpy (Harpy, 3/3, Flying, lifelink) ~Ordeal +1/+1 cntr~ *Pacified* ~Eyed~

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So that's 4 from the unblocked creatures, your Child dies, and you gain 2 for a net loss of 2.

Artisan's Sorrow your Witch's Eye, scrying 2 and putting 1 of the cards on the bottom of the library

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,U,U) Plains x3

(T) Setessan Griffin (3/2; Flying; 2GG: ~ gets +2/+2 ueot. Activate this ability only once each turn)

Graveyard: Battlewise Valor, Anthousa, Setessan Hero, Deadly Recluse, Artisan's Sorrow
Exile:
Mooseman: 8
Battlefield:

(UUUT) Swamp x4
(UUT) Island x3

(T) Insatiable Harpy (Harpy, 3/3, Flying, lifelink) ~Ordeal +1/+1 cntr~ *Pacified*

Graveyard:Voyage’s End, Griptide, Boon of Erebos, Lash of the Whip, Sea God’s Revenge, Sip of Hemlock, Pharika’s Cure, March of the Returned, Child of Night, Witches’ Eye
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Can't believe I am still drawing cards.... they still suck....
UUD
Returned Phalanx
Whip of Erebos
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,U,U) Plains x3

Graveyard: Battlewise Valor, Anthousa, Setessan Hero, Deadly Recluse, Artisan's Sorrow
Exile:
Library: 36
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Swamp x4
(UTT) Island x3

Whip of Erebos (Legendary Enchantment Artifact, E, Creatures you control have lifelink.
{2}{B}{B}, {T}: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step. If it would leave the battlefield, exile it instead of putting it anywhere else. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)

(U) Insatiable Harpy (Harpy, 3/3, Flying, lifelink) ~Ordeal +1/+1 cntr~ *Pacified*
(S) Returned Phalanx (Zombie Soldier, 3/3, Defender 1U: ~ can attack this turn as though it didn't have defender. )

Graveyard:Voyage’s End, Griptide, Boon of Erebos, Lash of the Whip, Sea God’s Revenge, Sip of Hemlock, Pharika’s Cure, March of the Returned, Child of Night, Witches’ Eye
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Huh, the Whip would seem the better target for the Artisan's Sorrow :(

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with all
Responses/blocks/take it - game? :D

Library: 40
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U,U) Plains x3

(T) Deadly Recluse (1/2; Reach; Deathtouch)

Exile:
Library: 36
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Swamp x4
(UTT) Island x3

Whip of Erebos (Legendary Enchantment Artifact, E, Creatures you control have lifelink.
{2}{B}{B}, {T}: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step. If it would leave the battlefield, exile it instead of putting it anywhere else. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)

(S) Returned Phalanx (Zombie Soldier, 3/3, Defender 1U: ~ can attack this turn as though it didn't have defender. )

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Could you just pump the griffin and get it over with?
That's game
Good one.
The Whip was useless to me with these creatures.
I also had the Mogis’s Marauder, which is great when you have at least one creature without evasion....... and more than 2 power.
Is this deck any good or did I just draw it poorly?

Do we have any other ones to do?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game!

hey, I wasn't sure if you had anything with the Island free and was taking a play from my playbook about being Mr. Trickster :D

We're done with Theroes. It looks like Commander 2013 was released next, do you want to do them or keep with the Theros block and go to Born of the Gods?