Theme decks: Who's got the best?

D

Dune Echo

Well, while the board was having it's problems, I tried to post this deck and it ended up under the Greater Good deck (which really rocks, by the way). Hopefully now we can see it here. Also, post your own thematic decks. Don't worry about it's tourney viability or what Masticore would do to it. Just make it FUN!

"Little Tricks"
Colors: White/Green
Created by: Dune Echo
Description/Theme: Nothing but cantrips
Source: Personal
Tournament Format: Classic Restricted

White:
4 Abeyance

Blue:
4 Arcane Denial
4 Dismiss
4 Disrupt
2 Interdict

Green:
4 Arctic Wolves
4 Gaea's Blessing
4 Multani's Acolyte
4 Wall of Blossoms

Artifacts:
1 Ivory Tower
4 Urza's Bauble

Lands:
5 Forest
4 Island
4 Savannah
4 Tropical Island
4 Tundra

Sideboard:
4 Burnout
4 Gravebind
4 Headstone
2 Interdict

This is a totally thematic deck I was fooling around with the other day. The whole deck is nothing but cantrips. So, you pretty much always have a full hand no matter what. Recycle your graveyard with Gaea's Blessing and counter your opponent's stuff with Arcane Denial, Interdict, Disrupt, and Abeyance. Yeah, this deck is pricey, but that is easily remedied by putting in all basic lands and things should still work out. Use your creatures for beatdown. Don't be afraid not to pay echo or upkeep costs or sacrifice them during combat. You can always recycle your creatures later.

Also, Striped Bears is a cantrip for those who want more creatures. And in regards to the sideboard, it's all cantrips too and I did the best I could with what I had to work with. Every card is designed to work against a color, so it's fairly limited, I apologize.

And remember, that Interdict works against Null Brooch, Cursed Scroll, Masticore, etc.

If anyone can put this deck together and play it, let me know about it's performance.

Are there any improvements that can be made while keeping it thematic? Thanks.

D

Dune Echo

Here's another thematic card deck which I hope is actually interesting to you all. The approach is simple: BUYBACK

White:
4 Allay
2 Invulnerabilty
4 Pegasus Stampede
4 Planar Birth
4 Reaping the Rewards

Blue:
4 Capsize
2 Forbid
4 Whispers of the Muse

Red:
4 Fanning the Flames
4 Flowstone Flood
4 Shattering Pulse

Artifacts:
1 Library of Leng
4 Memory Crystal

Lands:
(Suit to whatever you feel like putting in. I recommend putting a lot in.)

Basically, this is a control deck with Fanning the Flames for direct damage. Use Whispers of the Muse to draw lots of cards to pitch to Flowstone Flood and Forbid. Also, pitch your land cards to Pegasus Stampede, Reaping the Rewards, Forbid, and Flowstone Flood and then bring them all back with Planar Birth.

"Da tooth is out there, Skulley."--Foxfur Moldy

T

theorgg

Has anyone heard of fog?

put anything in that has a fog or fog like effect into a deck with four feldon's canes and about 34 lands. don't forget constant mists. and four spore flowers.

I mentioned this on the dojo's forums awile ago, and, lo and behold, I met someone who COPIED it and added four seeker of skybreaks.
He was going for the "annoyance" win.

oh, and anyone who hasn't seen my "god-aweful" webpage, it has a few fun theme decks discribed http://www.ffhq.com
DISCLAMER: most of the "fun deck" sideboards are suppose to be jokes. and the proportions are to discurage people I frequently play from knowing the exact content of my deck. ok?

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

T

theorgg

I didn't know that any of the links didn't work! I just got it from the guy that had it to save it. All the students DO count as legends. teachers too. that's in the "general rules" or somthing like that.

I will tell you this frankly: I know nothing about webpages. the cave was a (former) friend of mine's, and I still claim it because it hasn't been scrapped yet. The reason it's empty is because hackers broke into it, took alot of stuff down, and then changed the password. that sucked.

I will check out SP:tg to see what's missing.

btw, Kenny costed 1R and had squee's ability! also, If anything required a target, kenny had to be the target. whenever he was targeted, he was buried. 2/1.

I hope I can make another and get it put up by someone.

-theorgg

T

theorgg

Good news: the zip downloads still work, and are missing only a few of the "newer" cards. One thing I noticed is that the set needs some coherentcy(sp?). black has 16 cards, while Red has 26. somthin's screwy about that, but I don't have a solution to it yet. as soon as I see you online again, kirsin, I'll icq you the kenny. oh, and some of the missing cards were in the "celebrities" expantion section. a few more will probably be taken out of the basic set and put into there soon, too.(if I can get a webmaster.)

oh, and mike, is it possible for you to help me out on a few things? like removing fonzie from the basic set list?

-theorgg

D

Dune Echo

HEY Jensen, you need to add a link to your South Park site from the Orgg's Den. Your site isn't too bad. Just kinda empty. Put more stuff in it. Don't be so general.

Question: What the hell does Kenny do on your website? You have a few cards missing and I want to know what they do! I like the cards though. Also, I'd make all of your students Legends as well. That way, there can only be one in play at a time.

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!