The worst deck ever... right? Ranny, I think I just broke your deck.

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

All right, I have seen a very interesting decklist (I think it was from ransac).

11 Islands
11 Mountains
11 Plains
11 Swamps
12 Forest
4 Elfhame palace

Well, it gets better than that, Ranny.
First of all, let's make this deck more ridiculous.

6 Islands
7 Mountains
12 Plains
7 Swamps
12 Forest
4 Elfhame palace
4 Land Grants
4 Tithe
4 Land Tax

Well, what do you know, we have the beginning of a deck! There's only three more small changes necessary.

1. More Mountains.
Get rid of some other lands, and go up to 17 mountains. They're good. Plus more Plains.

2. Ways to abuse the land.
This can be anything from Seismic assault to lands end and Lightning storm. Just make your opponents pay for the extra land... or cards. Pack in some firestorms! Or what about countryside crusher, armeggedon+storm cauldron...

3. Enlightened tutor, worldly tutor, Etc.

Let's see what comes out, shall we?

4x Countryside Crusher
4x Land Tax
4x Seismic Assault
4x Land's End
2x Storm Cauldron
3x Armageddon
2x Lightning Storm
4x Enlightened Tutor
1x Worldly Tutor
2x Abundance (Why not?)
2x Crucible of worlds
10x Mountain
10x Plains
8x Forest

I haven't tested it (I don't have much of the above list), but it's probably pretty strong. Think about the synergy between Land's End and Lightning storm, too.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wow.... I actually remember posting that....

Anyway, If you're going to be serious about this, you may want to consider playing Life from the Loam and cycle lands to keep the hand moving. A massive creature clearer would be ideal.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Hmm. Maybe remove the crucibles and add life from the loams instead. A Wrath would work here, especially because the deck only has four creatures.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My Seismic Assault deck also runs Yavimaya Elder to fetch more cards. Green Ancestral Recalls can't be bad.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Wait, You play seismic assault?

I should've seen this coming!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah, my particular deck is just Green/Red and it's something like 84 cards (40 of which are basic lands) but it's fun to play with. I play Mulch and Rowen to draw more lands, Regrowth and Reclaim in case I discard an Assault, Gaea's Bounty to search for more lands, Bull Elephant, Harvest Wurm, and Veteran Explorers to take advantage of more land in the deck (and for early protection), AND (for fun), two copies of Mine, Mine, Mine. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man