The Time of legends

T

Teferi

hey all, when do u think the set legends took place, before the thran phyrexian war, or after?

i like to think after, what do you think?

(support your opinion w/ details, no this isn't school, HEY i said it wasn't schoiol i just...well FINE don't support yourself [Note:support yourself])

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

its definetly after the thran phyrexian war, thats like the starting point of magic, whether it is after the brothers war i don't know, i think so but i'm not sure

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I think that because it doesn't have a story, it doesn't have a setting or a timeframe. Like the basic set, it probably comprises stuff from a lot of different times, but the latest is probably about 100 years ago. It's just stuff from across Dominaria.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

you're probably right, i think also, wasn't legends and chronicles before they started developing the storyline, didn't that just start to happen in ice age

C

Cateran Emperor

I'm inclined to say after the Thran-Phyrexian war, but before the Brothers' War. Can't guarantee it though. The first Legends book (Johan) is coming out in a few months. We'll know then.

A

arhar

I remember reading an official story on it, so here goes....

The time of legends, aka the Golden Age, was after the destruction of Thran by hands of Phyrexians, and LOOOONG before the Brother's War. In fact, it was long before the Sarpadian Conflict as well (Fallen Empires).

There was no main story during that age, but a lot of substories, involving all the characters from the Legends set: Sivitri Scarzam, Pavel Maliki, etc.. I think WOTC is going to release book on the Golden Age soon.

Oh and a big part of the story is the Dragon storyline. I remember reading detailed explanation on how the modern (Weatherlost-age modern) dragons, wyverns and drakes were all descendants from the original Elder Dragons...

Basically, what I wanted to say is that.... I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BOOK!!! :D

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

cool, i didn't know they were making a book on legends, that should be a good book

M

MrXarvox

Finally, we may get to see some background for Dakkon Blackblade! And I don't mean the cpa member.