The Talons of PAIN

O

orgg

What is the probable Oracle text of this card?

"Whenever a source you control other than ~THIS~ deals damage to an opponent, put a charge counter on ~THIS~."

I've got two on board. OK, it isn't as great as it would've been if it had gotten counters equal to the damage delt, but it's still pretty nifty, I think. It lets you keep one counter floating from one to the other several times in a row, something that's kinda cool.

Keep it in mind during a draft, and y'might find some good times undernieth.

M

Master Shake

Yeah, the Oracle text is going to read ~This~. If it meant card's named Talon of Pain, I am sure that it would have been printed "Cards named Talon of Pain."

T

train

My wonder is... What is worlds and the PT formats going to be like with all these counters running around on tables?!...

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

They'll have to use multicolored dice. Counters'll be scarce.

T

train

What happened to the good old glass counters...

I think it would all be more interesting then...;) :D

T

train

Yep - the beads...

Festive there spidey...:cool:

I was mono-red back in the day - the mono-red bag, and the red/gold scrye life-counter...

I think i ended up with a few purple beads - only because of Netrunner...;)

H

Homestar

Oh man, i just traded one of my friends for that Talon's Of Pain and they are serving me well. i got 2 of em' out and since my red deck is based around doing direct damage, id swear to you i must have gotten like 12 counters on that thing. i think its a great card.

Homestar037

S

seikojin

:eek: for a multi game its great for a single speedier game, it would only be useful in wennie decks and burn/lightning decks...

All of these require some combo thogh.. Seeing as its reliant on some damage other than it, I would say a spellshock should do the trick... That will build counters quickly... 1 spellshock, 4 ToP's and bam, 4 dmg per spell cast... heheheh

Edit: oh and dont let me forget a black pro creature and pestilence....

N

NorrYtt

I used Talon of Pain for a short time in my Power Conduit deck because it combos nicely with a large Triskelion. That said, it would probably serve better coupled with cards like Thrashing Wumpus, Squalmonger, and those U/R Tim decks you see on occasion.

R

Rooser

This card could be good with Pestilence. Just apply the ol' trick of adding some pro-black creatures, (Or a masterfully timed Chimeric Idol), and you've got it made in the sun. The talons will load up with charge counters and make it easy for you to stay ahead in the fast game of mutual damage!