The Pony Deck

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
This is a deck I made back in the early days of the Mirage era. It started out as a fun deck for my wife to play (she digs Pegasus, man
). Then it was updated with some of the Tempest stuff as that set came online, and I tried it in some multiplayer games. It did so well there I took it to a few tourneys. It won an extended tournament, and placed 2nd a couple of times in some fairly large type 2's.

I'll present it here as the final type 2 version - season to taste as an extended deck...

4 Sacred Mesa
4 Mana Flare
4 Wrath of God
4 Incinerate
3 Pacifism
2 Wildfire Emissary
2 Shivan Dragon
2 Disenchant
2 Earthquake
2 Enlightened Tutor
2 Goblin Bombardment
1 Energy Bolt
1 Hammer of Bogardan
1 Jayemdae Tome

2 Fire Diamond
2 Marble Diamond
2 Scabland
10 Plains
8 Mountains
1 Reflecting Pool
1 Maze of Shadow (I said Tempest was big back then
)

The way to play it is simple. Live long enough to start pumping out ponies, or, if that is denied, serve beats with the Big Dog. The Wraths cost you almost nothing if you have a Mesa in play, and the Pony tokens can be used as chump blockers while you wait on a Wrath.

Let me know what you think!

TomB
CPA Member

[Edited by TomB (10-23-1999 at 01:13 PM).]

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

B

Baron Sengir

I like this deck. I've been looking for a way to use Sacred Mesa without Earthcraft and I really dig the idea of a sh!tload of winged horsies beating the crap out of my opponent. Plus, you use Energy Bolt which gets my vote for the most underrated card of all time. God, talk about versatility. You can either blast your opponent or soothe your own wounds. If your opponent is at five life, blast him. If you're at five life, all of a sudden you're at ten. Primo card, man.

I remain
The Baron

Gonna make a killer faerie deck. Stop your giggling back there ...