The Oversoul Ultimate Drafting Challenge: Limited vs. Spiderman

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Oversoul, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Limited Yes, but we won't care

At the end of your turn, I'm getting an Island.

Untap, Upkeep, waiting for draw...

Limited: 15
    Library: 27
    Hand: 7
    Play:

(UU) 2x Island
    (UU) 2x Swamp

(U) Metathran Soldier (1/1) [Unblockable]
    (U) Dream Thrush (1/1) [Flying. T: Target land becomes a basic land of choice ueot]

Graveyard:

Spiderman: 19
    Library: 30
    Hand: 3
    Play:

(U,U) Plains x2
    (U,U) Island x2

(T) Nomads en-Kor (1/1, 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)
    (U) Angelic Page (1/1, flying, T: target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 ueot)
    (T) Magus of the Unseen (1/1, T: Take control of target artifact and untap it. It has haste. When you lose control of it aeot, tap it - <went by memory, so hope that's right>)

Graveyard:
  2. Limited Yes, but we won't care

At the end of your turn, I'm getting an Island.

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Attack with Metathran Soldier.

Blocks? Responses?

Hand: 7
    Play:

(UU) 2x Island
    (UU) 2x Swamp

(T) Metathran Soldier (1/1) [Unblockable]
    (U) Dream Thrush (1/1) [Flying. T: Target land becomes a basic land of choice ueot]

Graveyard:

Play:

(U,U) Plains x2
    (U,U) Island x2

(T) Nomads en-Kor (1/1, 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)
    (U) Angelic Page (1/1, flying, T: target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 ueot)
    (T) Magus of the Unseen (1/1, T: Take control of target artifact and untap it. It has haste. When you lose control of it aeot, tap it - <went by memory, so hope that's right>)

Graveyard:
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No blocks or responses - take the dmg.
  4. Limited Yes, but we won't care

You take one.

I'll play Thawing Glaciers and tap out for Doomsday Specter.

Responses?

Hand: 5
    Play:

(TT) 2x Island
    (TT) 2x Swamp
    (T) Thawing Glaciers

Doomsday Specter?

Graveyard:

Play:

(U,U) Plains x2
    (U,U) Island x2

Graveyard:
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No responses. :(
  6. Limited Yes, but we won't care

The Dream Thrush returns to my hand.

I'm done.

Hand: 6
    Play:

(TT) 2x Island
    (TT) 2x Swamp
    (T) Thawing Glaciers

becomes a basic land of choice ueot]
    (S) Doomsday Specter (2/3) [Flying. Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, that players reveals his hand. You choose and discard a card).

Graveyard:

Play:

(U,U) Plains x2
    (U,U) Island x2

Graveyard:
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
    Whirlpool Rider
    Waiting to see my new hand...

Play:

(TT) 2x Island
    (TT) 2x Swamp
    (T) Thawing Glaciers

becomes a basic land of choice ueot]
    (S) Doomsday Specter (2/3) [Flying. Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, that players reveals his hand. You choose and discard a card).

Graveyard:

Library: 29
    Hand: 2
    Play:

(T,U,U) Plains x3
    (T,U) Island x2

(U) Nomads en-Kor (1/1, 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)
    (U) Magus of the Unseen (1/1, T: Take control of target artifact and untap it. It has haste. When you lose control of it aeot, tap it - <went by memory, so hope that's right>)
    (S) Whirlpool Rider (1/1, When ~ CIP, shuffle my hand into my library and draw that many cards)

Graveyard:
  8. Limited Yes, but we won't care

I can't wait :D
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

10. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
    Attack with both.

Blocks? Responses?

Library: 26
    Play:

(UUU) 3x Island
    (UU) 2x Swamp
    (U) Thawing Glaciers

(T) Doomsday Specter (2/3) [Flying. Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, that players reveals his hand. You choose and discard a card).

Graveyard:

Hand: 2
    Play:

(T,U,U) Plains x3
    (T,U) Island x2

(U) Nomads en-Kor (1/1, 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)
    (U) Magus of the Unseen (1/1, T: Take control of target artifact and untap it. It has haste. When you lose control of it aeot, tap it - <went by memory, so hope that's right>)
    (S) Whirlpool Rider (1/1, When ~ CIP, shuffle my hand into my library and draw that many cards)

Graveyard:
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Dude, don't edit. I can't see if there's a new post or not. It's a good thing I checked :)

No responses or blocks, take the dmg. My hand is Confound and Plains (gee, wonder which is going :) )
  12. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Sorry about the editting.. wanted to keep the thread readable.

But you can discard the Confound :D

After combat, I'll play Illusionary Forces.

Done.

Play:

(TTU) 3x Island
    (TT) 2x Swamp
    (U) Thawing Glaciers

(T) Doomsday Specter (2/3) [Flying. Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, that players reveals his hand. You choose and discard a card).
    (S) Illusionary Forces (4/4) [Flying. Cumulative upkeep - U]

Graveyard:

Hand: 1
    Play:

(T,U,U) Plains x3
    (T,U) Island x2

Graveyard: Confound
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Don't worry, I can always delete the old post :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
    Seasoned Tactician

Done

Play:

(TTU) 3x Island
    (TT) 2x Swamp
    (U) Thawing Glaciers

(S) Illusionary Forces (4/4) [Flying. Cumulative upkeep - U]

Graveyard:

Library: 28
    Hand: 0
    Play:

(T,T,U) Plains x4
    (T,U) Island x2

(U) Whirlpool Rider (1/1, When ~ CIP, shuffle my hand into my library and draw that many cards)
    (S) Seasoned Tactician (1/3, 3, Remove the top 4 cards from my library from the game: the next time a source of your choice would deal dmg this turn, prevent that dmg)

14. Limited Yes, but we won't care

At the end of your turn, I'll use Thawing Glaciers to find an Island

Untap, Upkeep, Waiting for draw..
  15. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Untap, upkeep (paying U), Draw

Attack with everything!

Library: 24
    Play:

(UUUU) 4x Island
    (UU) 2x Swamp
    (T) Thawing Glaciers

(T) Illusionary Forces (4/4) [Flying. Cumulative upkeep - U] *

Graveyard:

Play:

(T,T,U) Plains x4
    (T,U) Island x2

(U) Whirlpool Rider (1/1, When ~ CIP, shuffle my hand into my library and draw that many cards)
    (S) Seasoned Tactician (1/3, 3, Remove the top 4 cards from my library from the game: the next time a source of your choice would deal dmg this turn, prevent that dmg)

16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No blocks, taking it all! :)
  17. Limited Yes, but we won't care

You take seven damage.

Thawing Glaciers.
    I'm done.

Play:

(TUUU) 4x Island
    (UU) 2x Swamp
    (T) Thawing Glaciers

Graveyard:

Spiderman: 12
    Play:

(T,T,U) Plains x4
    (T,U) Island x2

18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with everyone but the Page
    Responses/blocks?

Play:

(TUUU) 4x Island
    (UU) 2x Swamp
    (T) Thawing Glaciers

Graveyard:

Spiderman: 12
    Hand: 1
    Play:

(U,U,U,U) Plains x4
    (U,U) Island x2

(T) Whirlpool Rider (1/1, When ~ CIP, shuffle my hand into my library and draw that many cards)
    (T) Seasoned Tactician (1/3, 3, Remove the top 4 cards from my library from the game: the next time a source of your choice would deal dmg this turn, prevent that dmg)

19. Limited Yes, but we won't care

No blocks.

Damage on the stack?
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yep. Dmg resolves?