The Oversoul Ultimate Drafting Challenge: Limited vs. Mooseman

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'll cycle Miscalculation in your EOT step.
*you already know it's there and have enough land to keep two open.*

BTW - I don't know every card, as evidenced by my many mistakes.
I'm a judge, not a player, so I have to read the cards, and I even forget to do that.......

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
untap, upkeep,draw
Island
play armor thrull

done

Mooseman: (15)
Hand: 5
Library: 23
In Play:

(TT) Swamp
(UT) Island

(U) Armor Thrull- Thrull [1/3] 2B tap: Sacrifice Armor Thrull to put a +1/+2 counter on a target creature.

(U) Necrite- Thrull [2/2] 1BB Sacrifice Necrite: Bury target creature defending player controls. Use this ability only if Necrite is attacking and unblocked. *spirit shackled!*

Graveyard: Infernal Harvest, Interdict, Swamp, Island, Island, Miscalculation
RFG:

Limited: (14)
Hand: 4
In Play:

(UU) Island
(UUTT) 4x Swamp
(T) Thawing Glaciers

(T) Doomsday Specter [2/3 flying, when it damages a player, i choose something for that player to discard]

Spirit Shackle *attached to Necrite* [when enchanted creature becomes tapped, it gets a -0/-2 counter]

Graveyard: Whispers of the Muse, Undertaker, Dream Thrush, Unworthy Dead
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mooseman pointed out an error than we both failed to notice initially. The net effect of this is that he has seen his next draw (the one AFTER he draws a card from Miscalculation and draws a card for his turn). So the best thing I can think of for handling that is to let Limited decide whether he wants to just keep playing with Mooseman having an accidental peek at the top of his own library, or to have me shuffle Mooseman's library. Limited?

L

Limited

Just keep playing. Accidents happen right ;)

Sorry about the confusion about the Specter; I was overcome by laziness!

Untap Upkeep Draw

Attack with Doomsday Specter

Responses?

Mooseman: (13) (forgot to substract the damage from the previous attack)
In Play:

(TT) Swamp
(UT) Island

(U) Armor Thrull- Thrull [1/3] 2B tap: Sacrifice Armor Thrull to put a +1/+2 counter on a target creature.

(U) Necrite- Thrull [2/2] 1BB Sacrifice Necrite: Bury target creature defending player controls. Use this ability only if Necrite is attacking and unblocked. *spirit shackled!*

Graveyard: Infernal Harvest, Interdict, Swamp, Island, Island, Miscalculation
RFG:

In Play:

(UU) Island
(UUUU) 4x Swamp
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(T) Doomsday Specter [2/3 flying, when it damages a player, i choose something for that player to discard]

Spirit Shackle *attached to Necrite* [when enchanted creature becomes tapped, it gets a -0/-2 counter]

RFG:

L

Limited

Two damage for you and you can discard the Massacre.

I'll play a Rishadan Footpad (you have to sac a permanent).

Done.

Mooseman: (11)
In Play:

(TT) Swamp
(UT) Island

Graveyard: Infernal Harvest, Interdict, Swamp, Island, Island, Miscalculation, Massacre
RFG:

In Play:

(UT) Island
(UTTT) 4x Swamp
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(S) Rishadan Footpad (2/2, when comes into play, opponents pay (2) or sac a permanent)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sac an Island.
I don't see me winning this one.........

untap, upkeep, draw
play snow devil on necrite
done

Library: 22
In Play:

(UT) Swamp
(T) Island

(U) Necrite- Thrull [2/2] 1BB Sacrifice Necrite: Bury target creature defending player controls. Use this ability only if Necrite is attacking and unblocked. *spirit shackled!* *Snow Devil'd*

Snow Devil - Enchant Creature 1U Target creature gains flying

Graveyard: Infernal Harvest, Interdict, Swamp, Island, Island, Miscalculation, Massacre, Island
RFG:

In Play:

(UT) Island
(UTTT) 4x Swamp
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(S) Rishadan Footpad (2/2, when comes into play, opponents pay (2) or sac a permanent)

RFG:

L

Limited

I'll use the Thawing Glaciers to get an island before Moose's end of turn step.

After that, I'll gladly draw a card!

L

Limited

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play Thawing Glaciers
Attack with Doomsday Specter

Responses?

In Play:

(UT) Swamp
(T) Island

(U) Necrite- Thrull [2/2] 1BB Sacrifice Necrite: Bury target creature defending player controls. Use this ability only if Necrite is attacking and unblocked. *spirit shackled!* *Snow Devil'd*

Graveyard: Infernal Harvest, Interdict, Swamp, Island, Island, Miscalculation, Massacre, Island
RFG:

Library: 20
In Play:

(UUU) 3x Island
(UUUU) 4x Swamp
(T) Thawing Glaciers

(U) Rishadan Footpad (2/2, when comes into play, opponents pay (2) or sac a permanent)

RFG:

L

Limited

It does.
I'll play control magic on your Thrull (I meant to do this before combat, but forgot :()

Done.

L

Limited

If you have no responses, the board looks like this.

In Play:

(UT) Swamp
(T) Island

RFG:

In Play:

(UTT) 3x Island
(UUTT) 4x Swamp
(T) Thawing Glaciers

(U) Rishadan Footpad (2/2, when comes into play, opponents pay (2) or sac a permanent)
(U) Necrite- Thrull [2/2] 1BB Sacrifice Necrite: Bury target creature defending player controls. Use this ability only if Necrite is attacking and unblocked. *spirit shackled!* *Snow Devil'd* +1/+2 counter *Control Magic'ed*

Control Magic *attached to Necrite*

Graveyard: Whispers of the Muse, Undertaker, Dream Thrush, Unworthy Dead, Doomsday Specter
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, draw
play spinning darkness, paying the alternate cost, removing Armored thrull (you missed this in my GY), Massacre and Infernal Harvest from the game.
Targeting the Footpad.
Responses?

Library: 21
In Play:

(UT) Swamp
(T) Island

Graveyard: Interdict, Swamp, Island, Island, Miscalculation, Island, Spinning Darkness
RFG:Armor Thrull, Massacre, Infernal Harvest

In Play:

(UTT) 3x Island
(UUTT) 4x Swamp
(T) Thawing Glaciers

(U) Necrite- Thrull [2/2] 1BB Sacrifice Necrite: Bury target creature defending player controls. Use this ability only if Necrite is attacking and unblocked. *spirit shackled!* *Snow Devil'd* +1/+2 counter *Control Magic'ed*

Control Magic *attached to Necrite*

Graveyard: Whispers of the Muse, Undertaker, Dream Thrush, Unworthy Dead, Doomsday Specter
RFG: