The new format...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I will if it ever gets played... I should probably add if it's banned in the current block, as no one cares about Linn Sivvi either...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're right, I mixed up what I was trying to say. If it's on the B/R list for Type 1 but in the current block, you're allowed to play multiples of it (I think). It came up with Chrome Mox because two guys had gotten 4 of them just as it got on the Vintage B/R list and they still wanted to play with all of them so their efforts had not been wasted :)

I'm not sure if it will carry over when CHK is released since this is the first time it happened.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That's sort of a messed up way to do things though...

I want to play with this card, but it got restricted. Oh well, if it's restricted and banned in the current block, then it's okay. Because clearly being banned in block means its power level is lower than other restricted cards in Vintage format? There's no reasoning behind it except that I want to play with four copies of this card...

That's perfectly all right as long as everyone else can randomly impose nonsensical rules...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nono, forget the part about being also banned in block, because apparently Chrome Mox isn't banned in Mirrodin. I thought it was and so said the whole thing wrong.

Let me restate: We follow the Vintage B/R list. However, if the card is in the current block that's available, we can still play multiples of it (i.e. Chrome Mox).

Not sure if that rule will stay or not because actually, the last couple months I've played, no one's really played with Chrome Moxes.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ah, okay. That clears things up somewhat...

I should have remembered that Mox isn't banned in MD5, since most of my friends built decks for that format and used it...

T

Tabasco

I like the new format alot....Not as strict as Vintage....more like extended..

I am glad they unresticted some fun cards so the format would not be so dang boring.

When will they decide on an official name....the mentioned it as "overextended"....but I want it to have a good name.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think WOTC is soliciting suggestions now and will probably put them up for a vote within the month... after the CHK hoopla has died down.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I already suggested "Raisin" like the first day they were taking suggestions...

I'm waiting for it to show up on their poll thing any day now...