• Excellent (see definition below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good (see definition below)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Fair (see definition below)

• Poor (see definition below)

• Other: because you copped out! (see definition below)

• Total voters

Killer Joe

Your choices and their definitions:
Superior: You really like it so much that you went right out and bought a box of it and the 5 pre-constructed decks along with the starter CD-Rom kit and you've sworn off all other sets and will only play decks that are made up of 7th Ed. cards (and not the originals from an expansion set) and/or you thought it was well researched & developed.

Excellent: This set is the 'stuff', you liked it enough to play in an all 7th Ed. booster draft where the prize was a <foil> Vizzerdrix and/or you thought it had a nice feel to it in that not too many broken rares were in it and Wiz Co. did a nice job of making it.

Good: You'd never actually be seen buying a booster of 7th. but if someone left one on the floor you might pick it up and open it and THEN return it to it's owner (with the rare missing, of course ;)) and/or you thought Wiz Co. could've been nice enough to print your favorite rare (Black Lotus) but generally don't care much about the set.

Fair: You're insulted that someone (YOU KNOW!) actually bought some packs and then used the cards in their deck that they've just beaten you with and/or you could care less about 7th. and you still are waiting for Wiz Co. to make you in charge of the R & D department so that your personal agenda can and will be met.

Poor: THIS SET S**** B** DONKEY *****! You will personally decapatate the next fool who purchases a booster pack of 7th Ed to the point where it's not that unconcieveable to stand outside of your local card shop all night waiting for the store to open and watch every customer that comes in the store and give them a verbal warning of their fate if they even attempt to but a SINGLE 7th Ed card let alone a booster pack and/or you didn't know Wiz Co. released another core set because you're still looking to complete your Unlimited set and are wondering why everyone keeps talking about this GW Bush guy (Is he the new president or something?) <Editor's Note: You see, you're so stuck in the past about Magic that you don't even know what year it is ;)>.

Other: Since it's most likely none of you will cop (cop: slang term meaning 'own up to') to one of the opinion options above that this selection is your way out of commiting to an answer :) and/or you're too serious about this topic to even participate in such sillyness :).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would have to say Other because I'm not playing Magic right now (although if someone GAVE me a booster or box, I'd take it).

If I was playing, I'd still say Other only because the Superior and Excellent descriptions don't match mine; I'd buy a box and leave it at that. :)

H

Hetemti

Other. I bought a pack cuz it was there, but I'm not going to make a habit of it.

E

ErinPuff

I chose Excellent.. I like 7th, but gee, I'm not like those Superior freaks ;)

B

Baron Sengir

While it's no Revised, 7th edition is the best set of cards we've had come out in a looooong time. In fact, it's so much better than 666e, it makes me weep with joy every time I think about it.

I remain
The Baron
Developing pictures of myself eating Vernal Blooms for shade2k1

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, you didn't mention that... although "Last unscientific poll" and your :D gave the aura that it wasn't totally serious... :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I chose excellent, because it wasn't good enough to be superior, but it was definately better 4th, 5th, and 6th.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Landkiller

The Superiority of Seventh Edition is unfathomable to mortals.

Using my divine insight, I have forsaken the false card sets and embraced seventh edition.

I shall set forth the Vizzerdrix upon all who oppose me!

C

Cateran Emperor

Excellent. I've drafted with it, and it is remarkably fun in case you haven't tried it. Do so, and you won't regret it.

Fun note: my freinds and I were drafting while a larger, sanctioned event was going on around us. One of the more 'professional' players asked why we were passing around packs of 7th. He laughed when we said we were drafting. Then he saw one the guy to my right pull a foil Birds of Paradise, and we all laughed at the pro guy.

B

Baskil

Seventh Edition is, to me, the most collossal waste of potential ever. Hell, John Keats is rolling over in his grave. Lets take a look at this logically.

Normal base sets have one standalone block to work from (as far as reprints go). This causes a very limited number of cards to be chosen from.

7th used THREE blocks (if you count portal), and yet they still managed to overfill the crap quotient for the set. Want proof?

FEROZ' F'N BAN
EAGER CADET
VIZZERDRIX
TRAINED ORGG
LESHRAC'S RITE
REFLEXES
GIANT OCTOPUS
LAME COLOR HOSERS
BEAST OF BURDEN

I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen a Leshrac's Rite played in Type II OR Limited OR Multiplayer Chaos.

I did the math, there are about 110 possibly playable cards (And there are some bad cards in that list, trust me. the real playable cards are about 50 or less) out of a 350 card set. A set that *could* have been so much grander. Oh well.

F

fuzzy510

I don't care if it's a new set. I don't care if it's new art. I DON'T NEED THREE NATURE'S RESURGENCES!!!!!!!!! (One from each set it's in!)

O

olwen

I had some fun with a 7th ed booster draft, but it doesn't rock my boat for constructed. I'm still waiting to be made head of R&D.

S

Salacious Crumb

I haven't gotten any 7th ed yet... might as well wait. I guess excellent.

Hoipa

A

Almindhra

I like 7th...Our first batch of boosters we bought we got a foled, black-bordered Evacuation...Nice, its even playable...And I love the green lands...

S

SenenCito

it's deffinintly above sixth and fifth in terms of quality
the art is downright awesome and tje flavor text is right on

my only gripe is WHYY oh WHYY did the take out my baby the river boa....