The Friday "Drag"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was out due to contractors working on my house... and will be off this afternoon.

Don't know about everyone else, but it just seems they all are pretty busy...

D

DarthFerret

I am double booked everyday until the last week of the month (where I fly to Indiana for additional training). That is why I am rarely on right now..

Killer Joe

all of the other reindeer make fun of me and never let me play in their games. ;)

Okay, so I didn't go to work today (I've been landscaping since school let out) but you know what I did? I mowed my yard, weed whacked around the house and sidewalks, puttered with my front yard rock garden, put in a new porch light, cleaned the pool for the kiddies, not to mention brought in the garbage cans from the alley way, did a full workout that includes 30 min treadmill walk, 30 min weightlifting, ab crunches and push up sets which all in all takes about an hour and a half.

...oops, and now it's lunchtime, later! :D

Killer Joe

Okay, my wife got a full-time job which means I'll be spending more time at home during the day for summer vacation until school starts. Soooooo,.......maybe I'll be on more but tomorrow since she won't start until the 6th of Aug which means I'll be landscaping tomorrrow (Friday 7/20).

Next week, though, I have BAND CAMP every day 8 am - 8 pm so I won't be on at all :(

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I feel for you man. I haven't had to do band camp in years, but I still feel for you. Give those kids hell. ;)

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

I must say - the drag here didn't take effect yesterday as we prepard for the American Idol auditions... needless to say, I didn't stay until the end of it, as IT is only really needed during business operations...

T

train

On average, we sit at #1 or #2 in advertising in our local markets (As an Ashley Furniture HomeStore, we have a lot of national branding/marketing already, but we push it locally)... so we have some pull with the reps and companies...

Soooo... they thought it would be neat to branch the American Idol auditions from Dallas to Lubbock... Dallas auditions were to be held on Saturday...

Our Friday auditions took the first 100 to register, and a finalist was chosen to attend the next round of auditions in Dallas... (the next morning)

IT was needed to assist with splicing sound over our PA system, which was decided not to do last minute...

So we watched some auditions before heading out for the evening...

I didn't know this, but they have a rule during these, that once "red-carded" you had to cease performing, or they could immediately DQ you from the competition...

Also, none of them being married, some of the other IT guys here didn't seem to mind all the eye candy that was here for the auditions...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
What he meant was, did Simon spit on you, did Paula do you and/or did Randy dine with you? :D

Sounds boring..... but eye candy is eye candy.....

T

train

No... I think what most people don't know, is that they aren't there for all the auditions... (They weren't at ours)

Other judges were here, and they made an announcement, that even though they were going to be headed to Dallas, it didn't guarantee they would perform in front of the Trio...

I thought they did all the auditioning previously... guess not...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I guess they always show the interesting auditions with them on TV, or they edit the footage to make it seem as if they're there.

My father-in-law tried out for one of the reality shows (whose name forgets me) and he said what they showed on TV was totally different from what he experienced.