The Feeling a Newbie gets when entering a Pro Tour

Killer Joe

I dunno. I don't think newbies understand that sharks are out there on their first visit of a PTQ. I'll agree that on their second time and thereafter they would feel like that.

And besides, I don't think it's fair to generalize that that is a good representation of how tournament players behave.

Sure, we all know and have had experiences with low-self esteem morons who think 'trash-talk' is appropiate and crying "JUDGE"! just to throw his opponent off his game. But I've met alot of good opponents too. Not sharks, just players who want to win like everybody else and have a good <responsible> time in doing it.

I once started a thread here about "Etiquette & Protocol" at PTQ's. I think experienced players ought to show newbies that winning isn't about trying to cheat your opponent out of a game or talking to his friends about his opponent as if he wasn't sitting RIGHT THERE!!!! listening to him.

Sharks? Damn right there ARE sharks out there, just not everyone.
~Mark

btw, cool pic.

T

train

Thanks!... The pic actually came from Snopes.com(Spidey's fun reading site)...;)

It was an internet prank about a surfer's close encounter with a shark...

It was actually a bottle-nosed dolphin...;)

When I saw it - it just reminded me of how it feels going to PTQs, and what I've heard from some PTs...:) :cool:

R

Reverend Love

The only tournament I've ever been to was great..however it was a bunch of us "older" dudes so there really weren't any annoying people....however if you consider myself and a few friends dancing around chanting like Indians and making constant remarks towards being dirty sanchez'd as annoying, well......