The Dojo and Mag2, KIA

C

Cateran Emperor

Believe it or not, but two major magic sites disappeared today, PERMANENTLY

http://www.thedojo.com (i.e. the Dojo, the precursor to the CPA, and creators of the whole 'Netdeck' thing) has a statement that they simply are no longer updating. No reason is given why. The site will remain up with its current content though oddly enough. As probably the premiere site for tournament-level magic, I was baffled when I heard about this on MTGnews.

http://www.mag2.cjb.net/ (i.e. Mag2, rumormill, and the guys who got the Invasion spoiler) has vanished. Nothing's there, at all. No explanation, no statement, no anything. Just a 'page not there' message.

Anyone hear anything about the fate of either site? I'm not particularly going to miss either of the more...unfriendly... sites, but it would be good to know what in the Nine Hells happened to them...

Z

Zadok001

I believe Mag2 just crashed. It'll probably be up before the weekend.

As for the Dojo, they've been floundering since their haietus last year. In a few days, they'll make another update. But make no mistake - That's a dead site.

S

superguy

I don't know, Dojo works fine for me, but the mag does get the error message. On mtg news people think that they're either updating or making huge changes, or they're gone.

S

superguy

Whoop, sorry, I thought you said that they were also unaccessible. True, the didn't update in a very long time, and I mean the amount of content is down, but I wouldn't call them a dead site yet. Yet. Mag's title is still there by the way, so maybe they just screweed up their HTML document.

D

Daggertooth

it is strange.

Although I don't think the error message about the dog eating the sight is a major crash. About a week ago I visited the site and discovered many of the links on the site were not opperational. If that was the precurser to the crash they would have fixed it before any major problems.

Just my guess.

Daggertooth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, like Zadok said, it's been floundering ever since that big snafu last spring. Before they were having money troubles; my guess is that was still the reason they had to shut down (couldn't keep solvent). I guess it's one less site I can take off until they get back (IF they ever do).

Z

Zadok001

Word is, Pyslum was shut down by the company that owns them and sent off in 'another direction.' *poof!* No more Dojo.

One wonders where Flores will go now...

A

arhar

Well, now on Mag2 website it says that someone has asked their provider to remove their site. I wonder who that SOMEONE may be? Cough wotc cough

S

superguy

Mag2 is back online! I just visited it, and it works. Hmm... Anyway, here's some cards that they revealed, sorry if someone already posted them:
Watersprout Elemental
Rare, 3UU
3/4
Kicker: U
Flying
When Watersrpout Elemental comes into play, if you paid the kicker cost, return all other creatures to their owner's hand and skip your next turn.
Illus. Mark Romanoski

And geez, was I ever close with the cantrip Stone Rain:
Implode - 4R
Sorcery
Destroy target land. Draw a card.

Its also rumored that Weatherlight doesn't have regeneration.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I liked the Dojo till about a year ago.

I guess the ownership was changed or something, but now it totally sucks.

Mag2 is back up, and its ok. The mana symbols and pictures still dont load on my Comp when I boot the page however...so I guess they still got some kinks to work out.

And speaking of pages dying;

"WTF is up with Mtgnews!?"

Y

yawnmoth

mtgnews.com has been taken over by trolls who are now proliferating into other magic pages, as evident by this post, by one of the moderators of mtgcraft.com:

>Well, I have to admit, that some guy from here
>decided to spam or Magic Events forum, and he did
>it WELL. Talking about those special session he
>has with his daddy really destroyed the place.

mtgnews.com is to far gone, now. even if DG came back, it would never be the same... This really sucks...